DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

In my never-ending quest to find Datsun related toys, I found this today at an antique store. It says it's a "Datsun Fire Rescue Wagon", and the back has a date of 1974. It's actually a Nissan Cedric, but that's still awesome.

9D7278FB-orig_zps2986570f.jpg

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got tired of my gazillion other projects so a bit more on this one.

Roll cage painted and installed.

Interior painted and installed.

Chassis cut, and not yet installed but mocked up with front spoiler.

It's almost like building a full sized car!

0692b859ecc5304bf45234addd1688f2_zps6fbf

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard when the 510 wagon will be released into the mainline cars? Since the series was apparently canceled, the prices of those have gone through the roof. Would be nice to know another version is on the horizon.

Also, any word on when that next Kenmeri will be out?

• Like 1

They are still on Ebay and some are still reasonably priced.  I paid 14$ or so for a wagon and 6$ for the skyline.  I bought mine through the seller 'wheelcollectors'   They still have a bunch left.  Seems like until they come out in either the mainline or the 'hot ones' series, ebay is the only way to get them right now.

I

You mean black, blue and copper?  If so, sure, but gotta check the stash first.  I am pretty sure I have a few of each left. 

I'm wanting the Goon......I have the black, blue, and copper for trade--maybe a red, white and yellow too....:)

I can see why Hotwheels is discontinuing the "Boulevard" series......who wants to pay $4 for a stupid Pacer and the other bad ideas they come out with? But when they do cool cars like the "Goon", they cancel? Someone needs to talk to the "Head Honcho's" and tell them to ask the collectors what they want. I think all the "theme" cars are a waste of time and money. As a collector, I'm not buying, and as a father to a 7 year old--I am not paying $3-5 for a car that my son will trash. Any help here Jun?

• Like 1