Ahhh, cant beat the smell of fresh tools!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Mmm decent tools :cool:

Look for sales :cool:

Can never have enough :blink:

I have a roller/cabinet full

A couple portable tool sets

And a couple carrying tool boxes

And picked this stuff up a few months ago on sale(was to good a price not too)

209 piece socket set

tools005.jpg

tools002.jpg

tools001.jpg

This set was $100 bucks on sale regular price 400

how could one not get it

Picked up these at the same time :blink:

tools006.jpg

Needed none of the above but for less than $150 for all of them why not :lol:

Most of my stuff is mastercraft (canadian tire) lifetime warrenty

Have some snap on in the roller cabinet(over priced imo other than specialty items)

Thats the way it should be, ive never bought snap on tools, how are their prices compared to craftsman?

there a little more expensive then craftsman but there worth it they dont ask questions just replace it

If you ever buy flair nut wrenches.... only buy Snap-on , other than that, nice set, makes me wanna buy some more. I went to a mall in Tigard Oregon once ( a long time ago ) and almost the whole second floor of that Sears was tools.

Yeah tools come to me as well... Heres the only decent pic i have of my box, a double bay matco 6s, its jammed full, I have since added a Cornwell Custom service cart, which is also about full. lol... last time I did my tool inventory I had about $24,000 in tools. gotta pay to play i suppose

aaa%20022.jpg

Yeah nice starter set congrate s, gotta start somewhere that's how I did now my snap on set is worth more than my dime but not everyone has the money to buy snap on. But ur on the right track! Keep building and before you know it you will look in your big box and say dam I got some bad ass tools!

• Like 1

I picked this top box up today off of Craiglist for $150, and i picked the bottom box and mid box up a couple of months ago off of Craiglist for $350. So $500 plus some gas and i now have a pretty decent sized box. I will soon have a couple of my smaller 26" wid Craftsmen boxes for sale to recover a little of my money.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_009H0039000B?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

I would love to have snap ons, but the snap on guy isn't open on sunday like sears

He is if you're friends with him.

My last Snap-On guy and I were great friends. Twice a month he would take me out for dinner and drinks. He also let me use his shop for side work.

My Snap-On guy before that, NismoDr's current dealer, paid off my box for me when I hit hard times, to keep my credit in good rating. And feeds me drinks at any Snap-On event I've been at with him.

My current Snap-On dealer has a party at his house once a month. BBQ, quads, drinks, shooting. fishing. Fun times. He also holds a 5% above cost sale at the same time. He always rotates who he invites to this event. I have yet to not be invited.

The Snap-On warranty is the same as anyone elses. LIFETIME. To me it's not about the warranty. It's about the service. If I need a tool, my guy's find it. Either in town, or they borrow from another tech that has the tool. That's customer service. Doing what they can to make sure I get the job done. But keep this in mind-Lifetime warranty shouldn't mean daily.

And the price...sure MAC, Snap-On, and the others are expensive. But when I have to trust the tool in my hand, there will be no other name except Snap-On on that tool.

I own maybe 90% percent Snap-on tools. Some MAC, Some Matco. Some Cornwell. I own more HF stuff than I do Craftsman. For the guys pushing a wrench in the shade-it's not a big deal. Use a quality tool, inspect them alot. If you see the smallest crack/chip/peel-take it back. Craftsman are great if they don't see daily use. Word to the wise though...Don't use those 12 point sockets. They like to turn hex bolts round.

(Craftsman Professional ratchets, sockets, and torque wrenches are the exact same as Matco's. Thought I'd throw that out there.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...