"Project Car" mag - SR20 620 feature.

Amazing! great to see the 620 getting back into magazines and interest being re-ignited into these trucks. I grew up in the extended cab of a 620 and have been Datsun-ing my whole life, and Ratsun is not only the best site for Datsun enthusiasts, but is also the best community board I have ever been in, because no matter what you roll, someone here has the knowledge to help you out. Also where else do you find so many people with the skills (Mike and beebani) to fabricate disc brake setups for little personal gain? The time these guys spend engineering this stuff must be staggering. I now have 4 wheel disc brakes on my 77' 620 and spent under 450 bucks! Ratsun and Project Car FTW!

Bill

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ratsunshiftknob.jpg

I probably shouldn't be showing you this, but here's a little Ratsun love. Let me know what you guys think. Also be a little patient beacuse the shifter/shift knob didn't make it into the upcoming issue.

looks very good..... I like the chain shifter. smile.gif

I gotta say, when Project Car first came out, I thought for sure it was gonna tank. I bought one of the first issues to read at work a couple of years ago (I grabbed every automotive and motorcycle magazine that I could get my hands on to read at my last job), and was sorely disappointed. It was how to install rims, body kits, seats, steering wheels, and shift knobs (seriously?). The only performance parts were an exhaust, coilovers and a Pep Boys looking intake. I wrote the magazine off as a Fast and the Furious love-fest.

The RB25 swapped M30 and the SR5 to GTS Corolla projects really made me eat my words. Great job! It's pretty awesome to see the magazine grow and progress.

Tell the higher ups at Source Interlink that a simple internet search will show how many enthusiasts around the world love these old cars. If JNC is going to be the only mag dedicated solely to old Japanese cars (and they're only a quarterly mag), then there's tons of space in your industry for us. The popularity for nostalgic J-Tins are only going to go up. If I'm not mistaken, even Motor Trend did a 10 page write up in their Motor Trend Classics magazine, dedicated to the history of the Skyline. Motor Trend. One of the most American-biased magazines that I've ever read.

Anyway, enough ranting and rambling from me.

the magazine is great for me. i dont plan to do any major mods to any car or truck i get but it is good to know and see the progress you went through and how you tackled complex issues and made them simple for the newbie restorer. i am probably speaking for myself but since i picked up my first issue, #12, and since then i have been saying "oh, thats how you do it". i havent got every issue but the ones i do buy have in no way dissapointed me.

you also give major insight to vendors, business's, contacts, and other places that are invaluable for the expert to the novice. one example, the pipe tube place in irwindale, never knew they were there but now i know.

great stuff, great magazine, great ideas, great concept, great ,great, great! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...