"Project Car" mag - SR20 620 feature.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As he said...they make money selling off the stands....subscriptions aren't as profitable. I love the mag....first one I got was with the red CRX! Good writing, funny guys.

It's the Ratsun of mags, so much more real-world to me. I've seen enough $65k Evo's and LS1'd RX7's,etc. in the others, thanks. Just got the READERS RIDES issue of Modified, tho...pretty cool.

Hey Gary...

I've read the whole mag, cover to cover...

(I lied. I didn't read any of the Honda swap stuff in it.)

And you haven't started wiring it yet.

Do you plan on using the Can-Am box to get this beast going?

Just one more way to give Walter the Ratsun touch.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28097-canam-production-easy-wiring-boxes-for-efi-works-for-kas-srs-vgs-cas-and-more/

you should totally feature the CAN/AM box in the "Parts Counter" section

if you ever have links of friends of project car should drop us in there man, I think Ratsun has nothing but good things to say about PC

you guys have really useful and documented projects

So i saw this tread when it was first put up ,,in fact Skib was still lurking before moving on ,, And i finally found one, and i did look everywhere, today at O`Reillys so I WIN!!

and it only took a month

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ201-1.jpg

would be necropost BUT i did just get it today..

Hey guys,

Sorry about not stopping by for a while. Been busy putting together the next issue and working on the project cars. I'll start by answering a few qustions. We've been asking for subs for a while but probably won't get them. Subs increase circulation which is good for attracting advertisers but in a soft economy, where ad dollars are weak, we need the newstand sales to pay the bills. The next issue should be out around the middle of July.

The engine is finally wired and just fired up. It's running on an EMS-4, AEM's new universal standalone system. It's a pretty cool unit that offers a lot of bang for your buck. With the ITB's, running a factory computer was not feasable; we needed a MAP based system. The complete wiring will be covered in the upcoming issue.

The truck will definitely be repping some Ratsun gear. We already have the shift knob and were supposed to get some stickers. Not sure what happened with those but they never arrived. I'll have to follow up on that. If things work out , we might also try to run a set of Beebani's control arms and convert from drum to disk. Thar deal is still being negotiated. I'm looking forward to playing with the shift knob. What I'd like to do is fabricate a custom shifter to go with it. You'll have to be a little patient as that story won't make it into the next issue.

Thanks for the Ratsun love and for supporting the book. I'll check back with you guys after wrapping up this issue.

-Gary

• Like 1

It's a factory ITB setup from a Pulsar GTIR SR20DET. It had to be redrilled to match the bolt pattern on the RWD SR20 head. The stock plenum was unbolted and a set of velocity stacks were added. It was sourced off Ebay a while back.

cool now I know what to look for