1986 720 KC 4x4

izzo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Called on this tool box the other day. Guy wanted 50 bucks for it. We agreed to meet up since its local. he got back to me saturday but i was to busy to go meet him up. He got back to me saying theres a problem with it, and to call him. I totally forgot to call him back lulz..

So today, he txt me and says i can have it for free, it shut and locked itself and he didn't have a key. SCORE! I drilled out the lock when i got home, and ill get another one for it later. Finally have a tool box :D

its older, but a craftsman. Everything works like it should. I might throw a little dabble of grease on each track just for S&G

3nb3me3p35O35X65S0b4l0f946119dc2b1b92.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good...interesting canopy I must say :)

It was free haha. Its a little to big, just by an inch or two width wise. But it was free! Its nice, because the sides open up, making it easy to get things in/out etc. Tho, its going to come off here soon for summer. Probably after canby. Its very light, so doesn't take much to get on/off. I would like to trade it for something that fits the truck a little better, mainly bodylines etc...

Those are 235s on there now?

I think the 30x9.5s are 'max' with no lift, just a slight rub on a tight corner.

Yeah, stock 235/75/15s. PO said those rims are "stock"?? I found some offbrand new 30" mud terrains for 550 installed i think, but not sure about how long they will last. I want some mud terrains but i need them to actually last a while. Might just have to find a couple sets.. (one fer street, one for mud)

Those are 235s on there now?

I think the 30x9.5s are 'max' with no lift, just a slight rub on a tight corner.

you need a 3+3 lift.... 3" body and 3" suspension to clear a 33x12.50x15 tire on an 8" wheel.....

100_9072.JPG?width=737&height=552

this is my 720 with a 3" body and a 4" suspension... 33X12.50X15 on 8" wheels with 0" offset

Damn thats one sick truck. I love the canopy on it, it matches the rig perfectly. Did you get your suspension lift off 4x4parts.com? They seem to have some good 720 suspension lift parts there. Ill try and find a lift kit for it (4x4parts has one but they want a bit for it)

Damn thats one sick truck. I love the canopy on it, it matches the rig perfectly. Did you get your suspension lift off 4x4parts.com? They seem to have some good 720 suspension lift parts there. Ill try and find a lift kit for it (4x4parts has one but they want a bit for it)

the 4" suspension lift is a hybrid of 4x4parts 3" and other components added/modified... Dont buy the "kit" from 4x4parts... instead buy select parts and build your own better kit.

Performance accessories makes the best 3" body lift for our trucks..... I will be more than happy to fill you in on all the details if you wish

the 4" suspension lift is a hybrid of 4x4parts 3" and other components added/modified... Dont buy the "kit" from 4x4parts... instead buy select parts and build your own better kit.

Performance accessories makes the best 3" body lift for our trucks..... I will be more than happy to fill you in on all the details if you wish

Please do fill me in. I wasn't going to get the "kit" from 4x4parts.com But did want to get the upper a-arms, and the balljoint spacer.

..... I will be more than happy to fill you in on all the details if you wish

Please do. I have wondered about lifting one of these trucks too. I was thinking going solid axle up front just do it easily.

Please do. I have wondered about lifting one of these trucks too. I was thinking going solid axle up front just do it easily.

Kinda leaning towards a solid axle too, just dunno if i want to take on that task in case i don't get it finished. Doesn't seem TOO hard..

I saw a yota setup for 100 bucks (missing axle). Had perches, springs, steering box etc. Haven't seen the ad in a while so dont know if its still available.

first off, you want some ST rims? second off, straight axle is piece of cheez cake. just perches, chevy half ton springs, shackles, and an axle out of anything that width... toyota would be the best since its the same lug pattern... but if you wanted to do five lug, then 87' jeep cherokee is your donor- dana 30 front, dana 44 rear... need more info just let me know. search craigslist for yotoya axles. must be before 84/83 for straight axle

Don't use Chevy springs! Get the Toyota stuff. You want springs that are made to carry the weight of a smaller truck. I just don't like the birfield joints that Toyota used. You could go with a Jeep Dana 30 with outers from a Wagoneer Dana 44 to keep it all 6 lug, disk brakes and be plenty strong.

first off, you want some ST rims? second off, straight axle is piece of cheez cake. just perches, chevy half ton springs, shackles, and an axle out of anything that width... toyota would be the best since its the same lug pattern... but if you wanted to do five lug, then 87' jeep cherokee is your donor- dana 30 front, dana 44 rear... need more info just let me know. search craigslist for yotoya axles. must be before 84/83 for straight axle

Id love some ST rims man, you hooking it up? :D

If you're leaning towards jeep stuff go with CJ axles. the later dana30/35 combo (in the cherokees/wranglers) don't have a provision for manual hubs. they use this weird vacuum actuated sleeve to connect the 2-piece long side axle. Also the dana 44 knuckles wont work with the later dana 30 inner C's

you could go with a CJ dana 30, with waggy 6-lug knuckles. easy to set up for high steer and you get bigger brakes to boot. but you'll have to regear.

Toy mini truck axles are strong as (once you replace the birfs), are VERY close in width (I thing like 1/2-1inch wider) and come stock with 4.10:1 ratios. (FJ40 axles are 4.11:1 and have a 55.5 WMS to WMS which is exactly the same width/ratio as my 79 620, and should be the same ratio for your 720 at least)

The Toy mini truck axles(8 inch) were around from 80-85. All 1st gen 4x4s and the 1st year(85) second gen 4x4s were SFA

)

The Toy mini truck axles(8 inch) were around from 80-85. All 1st gen 4x4s and the 1st year(85) second gen 4x4s were SFA

First Generation toyota 4x4 axles are 79-83, these axles have solid rotors and a short axle truss.

Second Gen Toy is 84-89, While only the 84/85(86-89 had IFS) had the solid axle. These trucks have vented brake rotors and an axle truss that goes all the way to the spring perch.

If considering the Dana options, Also might look into the late 70's/Early 80's wagoneer axles. Not sure of there width though. Thinking that they are 58" WMS.

If you're leaning towards jeep stuff go with CJ axles. the later dana30/35 combo (in the cherokees/wranglers) don't have a provision for manual hubs. they use this weird vacuum actuated sleeve to connect the 2-piece long side axle. Also the dana 44 knuckles wont work with the later dana 30 inner C's

you could go with a CJ dana 30, with waggy 6-lug knuckles. easy to set up for high steer and you get bigger brakes to boot. but you'll have to regear.

Easier to just go with a wagoneer Dana 44 to start with. They are easier to find and are much stronger than the CJ dana 30.

You'll most likely have to regear any axle you go with.

First Generation toyota 4x4 axles are 79-83, these axles have solid rotors and a short axle truss.

Second Gen Toy is 84-89, While only the 84/85(86-89 had IFS) had the solid axle. These trucks have vented brake rotors and an axle truss that goes all the way to the spring perch.

If considering the Dana options, Also might look into the late 70's/Early 80's wagoneer axles. Not sure of there width though. Thinking that they are 58" WMS.

Toyota axles are pretty spendy and then to get bigger brakes (which are still smaller than the waggy brakes) takes a bit more work and $

The Jeep Wagoneer axles are 63" WMS to WMS.