another junk yard find

A friend called me yesterday and told me there was a 510 wagon at a local yard with a dogleg 5 sp. So I can't crawl under cars much anymore (back surgery) So I call a friend and ask for his help. Sure no problem he says I'll meet ya there. Well some crap came up at work so I call him to tell him I can't make it. He calls me back and says there is a 200SX with a dog leg also. So he pulls both. I haul ass down there pay for them. And we both have a dogleg 5 sp. I've been lookin for months for a trans, And we score 2 on the same day:D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another 1st gen 200sx bites the dust... ;)

Yea, That has to be one of the uglest cars ever. I guess the engine & trans were the only good things in that car.

OK Fess up...which "yard" did you find those trannies in?.....(milliken?)

No pyrite off the 60 fwy. Oh I forgot to mention the tranny I have is flourscent GREEN, It's so cool. I don't know if I'll clean it or not.

There is a new yard off the 10 fwy that's all imports. Not sure if they have any trucks. A buddy went last week and said there were plenty of Z cars. The 10 fwy on the south side of the fwy. I think close to cherry exit. You can see it from the fwy. It was a regular pick a part years ago they closed it down for a couple years. Just reopend as all import yard.:D. Think I'll go check it out on Sat if I have time.

datrod, did you see any 620's there:D???? I was there a few months ago and didn't see 1 datsun truck:(!

Sorry I never looked. My buddy 1datrod had the trannys out when I got there. So I just grabed em and hauled ass back to work. I'll be going this Sat I'll look to see if they have any trucks.

That is the one up the hill off the fwy Huh?

aren't the imports up on the second tier? Up that darn long

hill?..HMMMMMM might haveta go out there Sat...

No imports are on the first tier. Might still me a chore for an old guy like you:D