Good deal?

So the other day I saw a pretty clean looking green 510 wagon so I pulled in and left a note saying what a nice car he had and if he was on ratsun... He emails me saying that he'd never heard of the site and hasn't had any time for his datsun anymore... That he bought new in 1973 and then says it's mine if I can come up with 500 obo. I was like oh crap the girlfirend is gunna kill me for a 4th datsun but I've always loved green goons... The body was strait little or no rust... Want to know the kicker? It has over 400k miles on it!!!! Second engine shit the bed October of '09 and hasn't moved since. My friend Tyler is debating if it's a good idea or not. That's beyond high malage but he's replaced a lot of stuff on it. It'll need a new engine the the least but that's a steal for such a clean looking 510 so question is should I snag another? Pass it along to my friend or stay clear of a 400,000 mile plus 40 year old car? Said timing chain jumped a tooth. This happened to my dads ranger and he was able to rig it back together but it ran really rough and has suffered a huge lose in power. Possible to adjust timing enough to limp it home and swap in a new motor? Advice and go

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen or heard of a verified 'jumped a tooth' L series. Could be a head gasket or something worse. If buying and it does not run, you can't drive it to get a true evaluation of all the other things on the car like tranny, brakes, suspension, so assume the worst.

As Hainz would say offer him $350 and leave your number, call back in two weeks. He'll remember you and with no other offers will probably settle for less or you can up it to $400. And that's not bad for a good body!

Is this the blue one in Elma by a two story apartment building?? cause if it is ..you should scoop, scoop,scoop that thing up..I could help ya tow it

that blue on in elma is damn fine looking too. lol lz22 swap 44mm twin side drafts. thing screams. bill sr owns it. i get a lot of parts from him. hahaha

Yep that`s the one.......funny thing is that car is probably the only Datsun i didn`t cold call in the area. Also that light tan $500. 1200 that was on craigslist about a week ago was located about 4 blocks away from there..

On the tow----- we actually drop my son off in Monte on Friday evenings so he can go to beach to work on his grandparents farm and we pick him up Sunday nights,,in Monte at the chevron by the freeway.But we could go get it, this Thursday ,,Friday and leave it in my yard ( very secure ) till Sunday

it is a manual shift right??

Is the chrome under the doors rare? I still have mine, but the clips were rusted to nothing, and they broke when I pulled it off. Need to make some of the end brackets, and buy some of the spring clips for it.

That is very nice for $500!

Is the chrome under the doors rare? I still have mine, but the clips were rusted to nothing, and they broke when I pulled it off. Need to make some of the end brackets, and buy some of the spring clips for it.

Dont think its rare, just seems more often then not, people dont use them. they get dinged easy, car looks kinda cleaner without them

Well I have worked something out and this makes for an awsum deal if you ask me... 350 and next weekend it's in my yard! :D only draw back is i don't get to keep it :( but good news because it's going to another friend of mine. He has been wanting one for a while but is a total broke ass. Lol I see it getting slammed low for sure a lot of dyna mat and some 12 in subs. If he starts putting his cash to this I see I turning out pretty awsum. Plus he's already got a ratsun sticker lol.

not sure if they are, I still have some from my goon :lol: