New parts in the parts box!

boxboy

Found the unfindable! Not too expensive either. Just had to wait a few months for them to be delivered. Checked at a few parts stores today and I think the outer bearings will be just about as expensive. I haven't found anywhere yet that has the inner seals.

Dat20wheel20bearing2032KB0220-201.jpg

Dat20wheel20bearing2032KB0220-20nos.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!!!

where did you get them?

Found the unfindable! Not too expensive either. Just had to wait a few months for them to be delivered. Checked at a few parts stores today and I think the outer bearings will be just about as expensive. I haven't found anywhere yet that has the inner seals.

Dat20wheel20bearing2032KB0220-201.jpg

Dat20wheel20bearing2032KB0220-20nos.jpg

They sell this brand localy. I used this brand on my hardbody spindles.

I can probably get them with that part number is anyone is interested...

I like them since they are jap and not made from plastic like other new bearings...

If you can get them locally I would be amazed! Let me know. I spent months looking. None of the bearing houses had anything, nor could they get anything. I found one place that could match the inner I.D., but not the outer.

im curious what the numbers on the side of the bearing say and if you have a micrometer inner and outer diameter im gunna make it my mission to find a bearing that will fit

Positive it is the same bearing. 32mm i.d., 65mm o.d., and I forget the depth. 18 or 19 I think. The originals were NSK, but a set of spare spindles I bought from Wayno had Koyo's in them. 32KB02 are the numbers on the bearing, just like the box. No "/11" like the 620 bearings either. Like I said, I looked for months and months and sent many an e-mail and a lot of phone calls. I was about to go with Mklotz's spacers and the 620 bearing when I gave it one last try.

PM me and I can give you an e-mail address.

These are the correct bearings everyone. They have been completely unavailable in the US for several years now. I spent a lot of time and energy looking for these babies years ago and couldn't find any.....I exhausted ALL sources.....except Singapore....that's why I came up with the bearing spacers. Most of the new guys won't have a clue about the history, but some of the old timers know just how long I've been doing disc brakes and the woes of the inner bearing availability. Anyway....

This is an awesome find for all those guys that bought Beebani's brake kit, since it uses the stock hub.....or anyone looking to keep the drums.

Great job Boxboy!!

thanks Mike. I called around to find grease seals today and no one seems to have those now. Any idea where I can get them? I thought they would be the same as all the way up to the 620's. I need to get to Knecht's and get the outers. I feel progress coming!

My parts store told me this one worked...

Brand Name Timken

Part Number 30206M 90KM1

Item Package Quantity 1

Material Type Chromium Steel

System of Measurement Metric

Bore Diameter 30 millimeters

Outside Diameter 62 millimeters

Overall Width 17.25 millimeter

That's what all the parts stores have in their system. But if you will notice, the bore of 30 is 2 millimeters smaller than the 32 of the original. Unless you plan on machining your spindle that won't work. the outside diameter of the 30206 is 62 which is 3 millimeters less than the 65 of the original. So unless you like your bearings about an 1/8 inch plus sloppy in the hub, that won't work either. Your only options are to either buy a bearing for a 620 and Mklotz's adapter, or find a set of OE bearings like I did. I am learning fast that Datsuns take persistent searching and pushing to find parts for. The same dealer may tell you NLA one day and if you catch them in a good mood they may look harder the next day and find you just what you need.

Don't buy that bearing from your parts store thinking that it will work thought. It won't.

I'm pretty sure the 30206 is the inner front bearing for the roadsters. But they are way wrong.

32KB02 is the american number on them. They were an OEM specific bearing....it was the only thing they were ever put on. The inner bearings for the Hardbody are on tons of makes/models.

There was another number for a higher rated one, but that one is extinct too. HR302/32 I think....I'd have to look it up...no time right now.

There were a few available privately when I was searching, but there was no way I was paying $100 each for them.

ok so i wrote this out once very detailed and the computer im on sux lol but bca had one that is obsolete now, part number a24 (32mm id 65mm od) which comes up as a 73-77 620 front inner bearing set. the nsk part # is hr30304bj which i can get through imcparts.net for $14 but theres only 6 available left lol and there is a sks part # br24 which i can get through mcguire bearing company in portland ( (503) 238-1570 ) for $30 and they have alot of those not sure if you can just walk in and get or have to go through a parts store like me. but thats where im at so far

You can simply walk into McQuire and buy the bearing....that's where I got my last set of the HR302/32's....next time I tried, there were no more anywhere for them to get.

The 30304 bearing is the outer bearing and easily gotten from any parts store.

The a24 is readily available too......it has an extension on the backside of the bearing where the seal rides....but it's 2mm too short....which is why I made the spacers.