MISSPELLED NL320 in Vegas!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck is missing the tailights ,In its original posting it showed the tailights missing but now he has croped the picture so no one can see it .He originally said he had the parts that were missing but now says no . He describes it in the ad as runs great but then says he never heard it run ????, The guy selling it is not the owner but a "Friend" of the owner and does not know much about it . its been picked for quite a few parts including the tailights and rear window , wiper motor and linkage , gas door ,glove box door , battery tray ignition and coil wires ,Tailgate inner cover and has a huge hole in the bed floor ??? The guy is selling it for someone else and the story changes all the time . .Latest story was that the truck was originally in Hawaii then brought to Vegas . All the moulding holes appear to be filled and with the new painted areas who knows whats lurking ??? I am looking for an NL but i am 2500 mile away and with a shakey seller its a gamble in Vegas !

Fisch

Same guy is selling the 59 210 on Vegas Craigslist with a chromed Chevy 4 cyl engine and Tilt front end with a narrowed Ford rear end but learned how to spell Datsun when he listed that one.

Fisch

Same guy is selling the 58 210 on Vegas Craigslist with a chromed Chevy 4 cyl engine and Tilt front end with a narrowed Ford rear end but learned how to spell Datsun when he listed that one.

Innnteresting! I wrote that guy to ask for a build thread on his '58. Never wrote back.

Lame.

People don't seem to comprehend that a NL320 without taillights or with a broken windshield is simply a liability.

"Oh, I'm gonna restore it."

Yeah, right. :)

Fisch

Same story as the NL The guy selling the 59 is the "Friend" not the owner /Builder, Story is that the Owner does not have a computer so the guy selling these adds a bit to what the owner wants and lists them on CL .

How convenient. If you bitch later parts are missing he can say there was communication problems with the friend. The 'triend' can't be pinned down about the facts he can say 'maybe, not sure, i dunnow, not mine, I'll ask'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I live in Vegas and am looking for an old datsun truck and I go to this guys house to look at the red "Datson"

Previous posts are right- He wants $2000 and wont budge, The roof looks like the surface of the moon and has about 100 holes in it that look like they were sandblasted through, Guy said it would run, but hasn't been started since he parked it 20 years ago- Missing rear taillights, bumper, gas tank, and seems to have bondo everywhere- Not an original Vegas car but one that spent most of its life in hawaii- Cant really tell you about the rust because the underneath has about 2" thick 40 year old undercoating (To cover the rust?)I was hoping to get a nice project started but WOW- and the guy says he has a title (Somewhere?) he has a bunch of other old crappy cars (Nothing great) on his yard and I think he is kind of a hoarder who will not really sell anything unless its crazy money- Whew- The search continuesRoof.jpgrear.jpg

2 tailfins Thanks for updating this thread . I saw this truck on Craigslist when he first listed it in the winter (I live in New Jersey) From his initial description it sounded promising and almost took a flight out to Vegas to look at it but things kept getting in the way and i never got there .Also the sellers description kept changing ??? Its nice to know that i was not missing anything . If you check out the episode of Pawn Stars with the Honda 600 Car that aired a couple of weeks ago i think its the same seller ?

2 tailfins Thanks for updating this thread . I saw this truck on Craigslist when he first listed it in the winter (I live in New Jersey) From his initial description it sounded promising and almost took a flight out to Vegas to look at it but things kept getting in the way and i never got there .Also the sellers description kept changing ??? Its nice to know that i was not missing anything . If you check out the episode of Pawn Stars with the Honda 600 Car that aired a couple of weeks ago i think its the same seller ?

I will look up that episode of Pawn Stars- the guy I called in the ad had me follow him to the house that was owned by a Hawaiian guy in his 60s and all of his " projects" were cut up and in various states of having different things done to them, when I asked home prices on anything he would say " I don't know" or " I have to ask my wife" or it belonged to some other different ( imaginary) guy. very strange!

That was the same story on the phone . Everything he offered me belonged to someone else and always had to ask him . I do remember him saying the guy was from Hawaii . I think the guy selling was Mark and the Hawaiian was Clarance ?? Thanks again for saving me from a wild goose chase!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.