Umm..Why you got to dis? PM me bro!

Seriously, I already know this thread is going to get heated but it makes sense to talk about this.

Recently I had a for sale as on this site and others. Though 99% of the comments were positive the ones that

weren't were really annoying. Especially about how much people thought my car was worth. What someone thought

they knew about the car etc. Really?

Okay, enough about that. I think, in my opinion, if your comment isn't positive

then you shouldn't make one. Nobody wants to hear someone give their opinion about the price of something they are

selling. Trust me, if you're selling a fender for $100.00 and that's your price, fine, so be it. The person

selling the fender doesn't need people coming on to their thread, they took time to make, to sell their stuff, and

have someone post about how it's only worth $10.00. All that does is create beef. If you don't like what someone is selling/price just PM

them. I know that if I would have personally been PM'd I would have not have been annoyed. I have read over multiple

for sale threads over the last couple of weeks and it's everywhere. Most of the people thrashing the for sale thread

aren't even interested in the part or whatever. So why comment? Why hate? And yes it's true, $xxxx.xx and the Grape Slurpie!

• Like 3
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's zero decorum in the for sale section here. Apparently, that's the way the mods like it, so that's the way it's going to be. Not normal at any higher standard for sale section. Unless you're giving it away, this might not be the best place to sell something :P

• Like 1

True that, but I prefer the term "frugal." :D Sounds better. The best way to sell that stuff is to load it up and bring it to the swap meet at Canby or one of the other events. (But $100 for a fender is pretty pricey unless it's pristine.)

That's just how forums work. You're gonna get comments good and bad. If you can't handle that, then you need to pay a broker to sell your stuff for you so they will take the flak. Or buy an ad in AutoTrader. You'll still get flakes, scammers, and tire kickers, but not nearly as many as craigslist.

It took you, what, 7, 8 months to sell the 510? If you're willing to wait that long then fine, asking a premium price and sticking to it works. If you're looking for a quick sale at a premium price this isn't the place. It's RATsun. Lots of sub-$1000 daily drivers & beaters here.

I agree that folks putting their own stuff up under your ad is bad taste. It's annoying, ALMOST as annoying as the folks that continually "bump" their own ads daily. Back when I was a forum mod (not this forum) I deleted all bumps and tag-on ads.

That being said, what I have seen work on some forums is having a truly separate Classifieds section that didn't allow threads- it also doesn't allow comments, and the ads expire after a set date.

• Like 2

Ya, or braden lol.

Honestly though. If I saw a part was way over priced, I would chime in. Not out of disrespect, but if you are selling a $10 fender for $100, you are going to get a reputation of trying to rip people off. You don't want that if you sell a lot of stuff. It also helps someone from getting ripped off on something over priced, then finding out about it and bad mouthing you. It's all to benefit you.

If someone is taking personally attacks, then ignore them or make a complaint with a mod, but don't feel bad when they give you a spanking for tattling.

So if I am selling a weber for 300 bucks and someone who knows NOTHING about dattos comes along and says "How much shipped to blah blah" and you know they're selling for 75 on egay you should STFUAD? I should be able to rip off some poor bastard just because? Then that member finds out, and says "I hate dattos and their owners" and never comes back. So tell me, should we protect the innocent from people like you who want to dump their crap on unsuspecting buyers and run them off, or protect them from people who ask more for a part than what it's worth. If I asked where to buy spray paint and you said walmart but someone else says home depot has it cheaper they're not "hating" on walmart, there just looking out for my best interest ;) If you want to help the ratsun community, sell on here and look at the sell as helping someone else out and not as a profit source. If you are a money grubber and could give a shit less about your fellow ratsuners and only come here to help yourself to the knowledge that lies within then go to ebay and hock your merchandise ;) either way I dont give a shit, but you asked so I gave you my opinion.

• Like 2

Ya, or braden lol.

Honestly though. If I saw a part was way over priced, I would chime in. Not out of disrespect, but if you are selling a $10 fender for $100, you are going to get a reputation of trying to rip people off. You don't want that if you sell a lot of stuff. It also helps someone from getting ripped off on something over priced, then finding out about it and bad mouthing you. It's all to benefit you.

If someone is taking personally attacks, then ignore them or make a complaint with a mod, but don't feel bad when they give you a spanking for tattling.

Wow, basically what I said but short and sweet, lol. I started my reply before you posted but had to help the wife clean for a second and when I finally hit post there you were :P

It's just a biproduct of today's instant gratification society. An opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one. People have no discipline anymore to shut the hell up if it's not positive. It's sooo easy to talk shit online nobody has any inhibitions.

I reserve myself a lot for these reasons. I've said it before and I'LL say it again. These are the reasons the purest's stay away from these sites. I mean christ look at the realm. Hopefully it never gets that bad here.

peace.

So if I am selling a weber for 300 bucks and someone who knows NOTHING about dattos comes along and says "How much shipped to blah blah" and you know they're selling for 75 on egay you should STFUAD? I should be able to rip off some poor bastard just because? Then that member finds out, and says "I hate dattos and their owners" and never comes back. So tell me, should we protect the innocent from people like you who want to dump their crap on unsuspecting buyers and run them off, or protect them from people who ask more for a part than what it's worth. If I asked where to buy spray paint and you said walmart but someone else says home depot has it cheaper they're not "hating" on walmart, there just looking out for my best interest ;) If you want to help the ratsun community, sell on here and look at the sell as helping someone else out and not as a profit source. If you are a money grubber and could give a shit less about your fellow ratsuners and only come here to help yourself to the knowledge that lies within then go to ebay and hock your merchandise ;) either way I dont give a shit, but you asked so I gave you my opinion.

Ummm. Yeah bro relax, you're taking it the extreme to look cool in front of our peers. Relax. I'm just saying that folks

should keep their opinions on for sale threads to a minimum if anything. Bashing someone's for sale thread regardless is

not cool. I'm sure the mods here do a great job and if they see a fender for sale for $100.00 that dented and beat to shit

I'm sure they will say something, maybe not. That was just an example(fender). Take it for what it's worth.

On the other end of the stick what about the seller's best interest? What if they just don't know? Why call them out on THEIR thread? PM them and you can say bro...Google that..check it out maybe it's only worth $75.00 and not $300.00..and they may or may not check it out. It's a for sale thread, not a hey let's debate the price/hijack your for sale thread, thread.

*LMAO*

• Like 1

i agree, a much as i hate people trash talking for-sale threads and thread jaking.

if some one has something over priced and i see a new member trying to buy it that might not know what the part is worth ill say somthing.

ratsun really isnt the greatest place to make money.

when i need parts i start with the junk yard, then check to see if anyone has parts laying around. then if that dont work i look for new.

i understand what both sides of this are saying.

we are all kind of ass holes in one way or another, and we all need to make money and want to get what we can out of what we got.

At the same time, sometimes those comments are warranted. Remember the thread a while back where a guy was selling all his STOCK, RUSTY 510 stuff like it was gold? Strut assemblies for like $50 apiece that were rusted piles of shit, etc.? There are quite a few posters who put things up for sale who must be smoking crack. They're selling junk and expecting gold prices. Not saying the original poster was, just saying in general.

It just goes back to things are worth exactly how much you're willing to pay for them. A $300 weber 32/36 carb better be brand stinking new in the box from webercarbs direct, otherwise it's worth $50-$75 and that's about it.

Dude seriously you have to learn from your own mistakes. if ratsuners steer a fellow his whole life they'll never learn. everybody over pays on things in life once in a while. That's how you learn not to do it again. If I have something in the for sale section and you came along and said it could be had elsewhere for cheaper or it's not worth what I'm asking you should be banned. Its not your business to look out for people in that way.

Dude seriously you have to learn from your own mistakes. if ratsuners steer a fellow his whole life they'll never learn. everybody over pays on things in life once in a while. That's how you learn not to do it again. If I have something in the for sale section and you came along and said it could be had elsewhere for cheaper or it's not worth what I'm asking you should be banned. Its not your business to look out for people in that way.

I agree with that, except the instant ban. As someone mentioned, as much as calling bullshit on obvious overpricing, there was that old adage of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Not saying I follow it all the time either. ;)

last i check ratsun is a community.

It was my understanding we are here to help each other and share what we have and know.

i have a hard time with this too.. there are alot of bottom feeders here and they get jealous if someone has anything good or of value.... they just cant afford it.

Keep in mind the ones that bash your car or get upset over the price are the ones who have a $100 4 door 510 that someone gave them as a leftover parts car, these people are shit in the car hobby world, ignore them and move on.

• Like 1

What about a $350 4 door 510 with a bent rear control arm?! :D That's what mine used to be! Don't ask how much I have into the same dented ass shell! Don't want to add that receipt drawer up ever.

And really, affording something is one thing. Taking it up the ass for parts is another entirely.

Check it out yo! This is what it used to look like: 510begins.jpg

2s6okmu.gif

/this. People have to learn get their hustle on and people have learn to get their steal on, as long as both are happy in the end the other sh!t don't matter. Not interested? STFU. Want to whine about the price? take it to PM.