hate datsun/nissan engine codes

i cant seem to find anything on craiglist or anywhere else on the interwebz because nissan named the motors im looking for the "r16" and the "h20"!!!!!! r16 is the end of a tire size so thats all it brings up...255/75 r16. and the h20 really h two oh... water so all it brings up is a bunch of wet dry vacuums and mops and science shit. very frustrating.

[/rant]

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the problem may be that Nissan never called the engine "R16". It was "R" since it came in one size. I have no idea how they differentiated between early SAE roadster, modified SAE RL411 and late post 1968 Metric roadster engine except possibly by engine number prefix, e.g 10xxxx, 20xxxx, etc. For the H20 try H_20.

If OP is talking about searching "craigslist" , just put the word --Datsun--in search box because most people dont even know what motor is in the car their selling,,and in the case of 411`s they might not even know what it is other than being a Datsun.If you narrow search to far you wont find anything. And if the person selling the car has researched the car enough to know every detail, they know what it`s worth.

cool.gif

You aren't gonna find much on the R16 online, I've looked. The more detailed your search the more helpful it will be like someone said earlier typing in Datsun R16 will bring up datsun results or Nissan R16 and H20 for the H20 you might also add forklift.

Best place would be the roadster sites to find most parts in info on the R16, try 311s.org.