my first 521

Mydime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get more pics.....probably traded about $600 worth of stereo stuff....I will get more pics up.....I also have a 620 frame that we've done beebanis front and rear dis brake conversion, front coil over suspension, frame was sandblasted and painted, ca18et with 5 speed, sooooo please don't beat me for saying this..........

I want to put my 521 cab/bed onto my 620 frame.......

I can get more pics.....probably traded about $600 worth of stereo stuff....I will get more pics up.....I also have a 620 frame that we've done beebanis front and rear dis brake conversion, front coil over suspension, frame was sandblasted and painted, ca18et with 5 speed, sooooo please don't beat me for saying this..........

I would do it, it might even bolt on without mods.

I thought about doing this also, one thing to keep in mind is the gas inlet on a 620 is on the right where the 521 is on the left. A tube might be able to fix that sitution.

If you decide to "do it", pleaze start a project thread and remember to take lots of pic's.

your 521 looks saweet and you got a good trade from the stereo goodies, now you need to get them trailer lights off there, its a Datsun. ;)

DONT DO IT.

521 is fine as it is.

buy a 78/79 for the disk breaks. They come up cheap and dont have to get dirty.

believepulley the stering out. oil pan changes ect its, more of a hassle. dont dont line up break break while removing it, DONT DO IT!!!!!!!just put a eleltric ignition on it and drive it.

• Like 1

I am in the process of taking 620 frame body mounting locations...will let you know how they compare to the 521 mounting points. I have to install a new fuel cell so left/right orientation isn't much of an issue fortunately....

I am not commited to this swap yet.....just thinking out loud.....worst case scenario I have a rebuilt L20 in the garage, I also have a set of 87mm flat tops that could find there way into that block if I don't swap frames......but

After all the HARD work on the disc break conversion I've already done, the coil over suspension which is done, and the complete fabrication of mounts for the CA motor/trans.........getting that 521 cab/bed to fit shouldn't be nearly as complicated...........right.......?????????........again just thinking out loud :)

I watch Jeff and his brother rip a 521 apart.Jeffs Brother wanter a Dumped Low rider. after about 3 weeks of 12hr days working on it. truck went to the dump! before ,here was nothing wrong with it. Just wasnt low enough cause it didnt have airbags. Now a reliable cool 521 truck is off the road

The steering comming out was a night mare(maybe pull the back window out?

I tolf them not to do it.

His brother lost intrest as he had a new truck already.

Is your 510 done?

I dont suggest putting flatops on a L20. Xerox on here and on the 510realm just had detonation proplems. Other do to.

I watch Jeff and his brother rip a 521 apart.Jeffs Brother wanter a Dumped Low rider. after about 3 weeks of 12hr days working on it. truck went to the dump! before ,here was nothing wrong with it. Just wasnt low enough cause it didnt have airbags. Now a reliable cool 521 truck is off the road

The steering comming out was a night mare(maybe pull the back window out?

I tolf them not to do it.

His brother lost intrest as he had a new truck already.

Is your 510 done?

I dont suggest putting flatops on a L20. Xerox on here and on the 510realm just had detonation proplems. Other do to.

I removed the cab on my 620 and got all the kids to help lift it up and back to slide it off the steering column. Maybe if you remove the pitman arm and jack the front high enough it will slip out and down. I was swapping to a 720 frame...

truck4X4SASconversion.jpg

The white one is a 74 L18 4speed with a weber 32/36 stock other than that...my matching blue bench is posted 4 sale...seats were from the local j/y....$100 out of a 02 BMW.....

Well the 87 mm pistons were originally for when I planned on putting the z head with the 200sx efi conversion that I have on the L20 block I have, to make up the compression that you loose due to the larger head cc.

I have everything to put the frame with the mods back together...complete cab, 2 truck beds to choose from, extra set of doors, new reproduction hood fenders bumper grill and valance....

I don't need three trucks though and I want to keep my modified frame with my turbo setup........so I guess it will go one of two ways.......white 620 cab/bed on that frame or the 521 cab/bed on that.....I think I can do this if the measurements are close enough buy I need to look

I have taken measurements from the mounting locations on the cab and the frame of the 620 and compared them. They matched within a 1/4" of eachother on 10 different measurements. Now that I know I have good accurate measurements I now will have to check the 521 mounting points to verify if I will do this swap.

This will be my daily driver so I am very motivated, along with what I have done so far I can't just stop and turn my back it would end up like one of the trucks never finished like you mentioned above.

I say finnish the 510 first.plus youll have 2 trucks as daily drivers and wont cost you extra.

a framed swap 521 is NOT going to be worth more.If anything going to cost you for inexpected cost overruns.

we seen 521 4x4s and they dont sell too fast either for amout of work that went in them them besides the owner thinking so.

Im only saying this cause I seen so many good datsuns lost to projects. But its your trucks. The 510 is not done so I hope not to see a pattern of unfinnished vehicles in ones yard.Like the 2 Samurai's also

OK im done

Im not looking to make money off anything. These vehichles are for my personal use. I have been working on these various projects for four years on and off. I am looking to build something that satisfies what Im looking for in a vehichle, style, and performance. I am in no hurry to finish anything. I do not need to drive any of them so I am not going to just throw something together for the sake of putting one on the road. Yes they may be projects but I have invested many hours of time getting them to the point they are at. We spent 400 hours in that single car garage removing rust, sandblasting the entire car down to bare metal and painting it all in that garage.......point is again...in no hurry....thought I would just share some of the things I am working on that will be around in the next year and half if all goes well. Obviously life has its setbacks that no one sees comeing but hey heres for being optimistic.

• Like 1