Thinking About Getting a 510

Yosemite_Sam

I did think about a wagon, but I prefer the looks of the coupe, and if I need the space I can just borrow my dad's car. I would do a roof rack, but I have had too many friends have bikes fall off on the way to a ride. A Hitch mount is just the best way to carry bikes short of a pickup.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roof racks work. I have a rear hatch/trunk mount that is universal for most cars, fits on my goon, my jetta, my Tbird, a friends van, an integra... My bikes also fit in my goon (I can get them in the jetta too, but dont want muddy bikes in there) Dont bother with the hitch idea.

Ok, a roof rack works fine for road bikes, but I ride Down Hill MTB, my bike weighs 40lb+. No roof rack is gonna hold that very long.

Well a Wagon it is........Girls fit in the back also.....Just saying....:P

I've camped in my old one.

Sam

510 arent drift cars! I dont know where people get this idea.

You better be good at fixing these as they are almost 40yrs old and soemthing breaks all the time unless you repaired it all like me and still have a $1500 beater.

If you cant miss work then dont get a 510.

get a 510 as a hobby car(2nd car) this is the only way to do it.

I seen to many KIDS think they can work it on the weekend then drive it monday. Dont happen that way unless your good and have a fast learning curve.

I suggest own a 620 first ,so if you give up its just a 620 instead of a 510.

PS 2dr 510s arent cheap anymore unless its in a backyard not running, and even then the owner might not want to sell it thinking hes going to fix it up before it becomes one with the Earth.

another clue that you shouldnt get this car is your pinching Pennies with the insurance already. This is a common w/Datsun owners. Otherwise your car will be down for dys not a weekend when it breaks.

KIAs are 6995$

then get a 510 on the side to work and learn on.

olddatsuns.com

You can get a good running 510 for that! But dont work on it if it runs good, chances are itll stop and you'll lose interest.... jus saying.. Get a real nice 510 for a daily, then a 100 dollar 620 outta someones yard and learn to work on that first. that way the 510 stays on the road.

Sam

510 arent drift cars! I dont know where people get this idea.

You better be good at fixing these as they are almost 40yrs old and soemthing breaks all the time unless you repaired it all like me and still have a $1500 beater.

If you cant miss work then dont get a 510.

get a 510 as a hobby car(2nd car) this is the only way to do it.

I seen to many KIDS think they can work it on the weekend then drive it monday. Dont happen that way unless your good and have a fast learning curve.

I suggest own a 620 first ,so if you give up its just a 620 instead of a 510.

PS 2dr 510s arent cheap anymore unless its in a backyard not running, and even then the owner might not want to sell it thinking hes going to fix it up before it becomes one with the Earth.

another clue that you shouldnt get this car is your pinching Pennies with the insurance already. This is a common w/Datsun owners. Otherwise your car will be down for dys not a weekend when it breaks.

KIAs are 6995$

then get a 510 on the side to work and learn on.

olddatsuns.com

Firstly, I know that they are not drift cars. I was just making a point about the car that I currently have and aparently a few of you guys mistook my comment. Secondly, If I do decide that a 510 is too much work my second choice car is a '65 - '70 el camino; which you can find nice ones in my price range.

It's been almost a year since I bought my first 510. I'm also learning to work on it. The one mistake I made was getting it as a DD and to work on. You won't get as much work done on it unless you have a chance to park it for a week or so. that way you can take your time and give it the attention it needs. I've worked on my car but mostly when I had to. I wish I could tear into it and not worry about getting hung up and not finishing "in time".

My goal when I sold my other car was to get a running 510 and another car to DD. I suggest you do the same. If all else fails you'll always cruise the dime and have a beater for a backup or parts hauler.