210 gas mileage?

NWOleman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a new '76 and only twice did I get it below 30MPG for a tankfull. It's a long and hard job to drive the shit out of it for 300 miles to get it that low. Probably mid 30s amd would have been much higher If I had tried. On trips it was in the 40s.

My 210 with the A15 gets reasonable considering it's got a Weber, ported head, and wide open exhaust.

Of course, my gas gauge never worked, so I'm not sure of the numbers.

Fill to top, check miles, drive till it runs out, calculate! Bring some spare gas with ya tho!

If you fill it up and write down what your odometer mileage is then just drive it for half a tank or whatever, then fill it up, take how many gallons it takes to fill it up and divide it into how many miles you have driven should give you a your miles per gallon. right?

Was looking at buying a 77' b210. I've had one before but never paid attention to what it got. I've seen the brochures that said they got like 50mpg. Was just curious what some of you guys are getting?

FWIW, the 50mpg rating was for the '78 5spd hatchback only. Most of the other versions were rated in the low 40s when new.

So sad... :P

You could still drive it a known distance. :cool:

Pick some place 50 miles away, drive there and back, do the check. Simple.

Good point blink.gif

I will do that!

Although, I took it to the gas station a week ago after driving it (I don't do it much) a few times the prior week and only needed 3 gallons ohmy.gif

Fucking EXCELLENT! And that was after heavy ass burnouts and lots of doughnuts!

Although, I took it to the gas station a week ago after driving it (I don't do it much) a few times the prior week and only needed 3 gallons

Fucking EXCELLENT! And that was after heavy ass burnouts and lots of doughnuts!

I had an A12a/4spd '79 210 in high school. Could not seem to get less than 30mpg no matter how hard I beat on it. Drove it to Nashville my senior year (750 miles one way). Averaged 38.7 on the way up, and 40.2 on the way back.

I miss that little brown crapbox...

Looked almost exactly like this one:

6667810014_large.jpg

• 1 month later...

78 b210 automatic 130000 miles = 35 mpg im happy with that

We own the exact same car! Ha same milage too. The auto box is kinda boring but am I the only one who noticed I can go a good twenty mph faster than my friend and his 4speed hatch? If we race around town he gets me because of the rev drops probably but I start to loose him about 65 70

And in about 2006 they changed the ratings again to advertise lower on all cars to be more realistic.

So in reality that car back then was probably getting 44-45mpg highway under most circumstances. That is still really good.

I'm happy with 38mpg in my xA