Need your help

datrod

The first pic is a set of 5 slots. kinda dirty but you can see that they are in really good shape. 205-60-14 tire. 14X6 rim I think

Second set is a set of speed stars that are trashed. But can be fixed. 215-60-14 tire 14X8 rim.

The last pic is what I'm runnin now. Pana's With a 225-50-15 tire 15X7 rim.

Should I change from the pana's or not ?

wheels010.jpg

wheels007.jpg

wheels006.jpg

wheels003.jpg

wheels002.jpg

wheels001.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the speed stars just don't look right. Tire is too bloated. And I would never put flairs on the silver car.

I love my panasports, But I need new tires and can't swing that right now.

The 5 slots look good and have new rubber on them. So I'm thinking of running them for a while.

The front tires I have on the panasports are worn on the inside. I think I need a new rack & pinion and some ball joints, & tie rods. Looked under there today. NOT GOOD

I'll trade you a nice polished set of shelby cal.500 5 slots with good pirelli tires 70% tread left for your panas

Definitely not the Speedstars. As others have said, run the slots for now due to the tire issue, but get the Pana's back on there ASAP unless you'd trade them for my wheels. ;) Freshie fresh tires too if you don't mind rubbing.

I will never get rid of the pana's I have only seen one other set with that large lip.

Dirk I have a set of 5 slots. :)

The speed stars belong to a friend of mine. I have no idea who ran them on a Z but I think they look like shit.

Thanks for the input. It looks like 5 slots for a few months.

Ya but do you have vintage Shelby CAL. 500 slots with original matching Shelby Cobra center caps? I don't blame you though, those panas are Damn nice.

You know I'll have to check out the 5 slots I have. They are really clean. But not sure what brand they are.

They have center caps with something on the face. Now I gotta go check.

They may be the same. On the inside of the wheel, it will say SHELBY CAL. 500 and on the center caps they have a picture of a cobra and it says SHELBY through it. BTW, saw your wagon at JCCS this year and it makes me want a wagon now, that is by far the nicest one I have ever seen.

They may be the same. On the inside of the wheel, it will say SHELBY CAL. 500 and on the center caps they have a picture of a cobra and it says SHELBY through it. BTW, saw your wagon at JCCS this year and it makes me want a wagon now, that is by far the nicest one I have ever seen.

Thanks, There are a few wagons out there that I would trade mine for.

No Flares!!!! ........ and those last wheels look the best ... (panas or Rotas?) ............ DatzenMike hates ZG flares on Z cars ... .. :lol:

Hate is such a harsh word. If you can put on and take off without having to cut the fender then I don't 'hate' them.

Given tire situation....slots. I do prefer the Pana's though.

Total agreement.

The speed stars belong to a friend of mine. I have no idea who ran them on a Z but I think they look like shit.

Shit... total agreement.... I hate them.

Hate is such a harsh word. If you can put on and take off without having to cut the fender then I don't 'hate' them.

Total agreement.

Shit... total agreement.... I hate them.

hellaflush013.jpg

Sorry datsun mike. But I did flair my race car. The thing was pretty rusty so I cut it.

I was tire limited on the track. I did have a hard time cutting it. Took me a couple days it find the srtength to do it.

• 1 month later...

those speed stars are the only wheels i would remove my slots for (i really like slot mags) i i were you i would run the slots for sure considering they have good tires i also feel there more period correct for the z car my personal opinion i dont like panasports