What do you think

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex generators on the rear of the roof are on the list of things I plan to add to my dime, as are fender canards, a front splitter, and an undertray that cleans up airflow from the front crossmember to the rear wheel wells and axle assembly tied in with a rear diffuser. To go against the grain, why not pizza tray hubcaps and wheel fairings to high-five all the ecomodders out there? No, seriously, vortex generators at the very least, the rest is how I daydream when riding public transit. I definitely think you should add a window spoiler as an accent to your flying brick. Do it!

Face_Palm.jpg

Why do i hear the song low rider in my head when i look at this thread

Hahahaha this was my first thought, but to be fair.... Are these vortex generators for anything but looks? Do they hold the car down above a buck fifty or something? No wait, they keep the rear window from getting dusty?

Hahahaha this was my first thought, but to be fair.... Are these vortex generators for anything but looks? Do they hold the car down above a buck fifty or something? No wait, they keep the rear window from getting dusty?

yes, after you fix the Datsun front end aerobrickdynamics.

No, really. What do they do?

Vortex Generators help to guide the air flow on cars with very steep drop-off angles between the roof and the rear window. Air flow has a tendency to become turbulent as it separates from the surface of the car in this region. This turbulent air causes drag and reduces the effectiveness of a rear wing. the vg reduces turbulence at the back of the car which still helps your car's aerodynamics with or without a wing. yes, the effect is maximized with the wing but even without it, it still smooths airflow giving the car "some" downforce, although the original intent of the vg (to be used with a wing) is now minimized without the wing. but the point is, it still functions and provides some benefit just not to its full potential without the wing

• Like 1