im NEW!!! heres my truck

willey878

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i just picked up myself a datsun 521 its not in to bad of shape it needs a drivers side door clutch and the bottomof the shifter snaped when i was driving it home check it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2983850

Fantastic looking 521! And you have come to the right place. Ratsun rocks!

The chrome bar down the bed is fascinaing. Never seen that. I heard there once was a little bar that accompanied the little chrome side step option, but I have never seen it. It this it guys, or is this just a strange aftermarket addon?

Overall a clean 521. Shifter is an easy fix, hit up the junkyards. The bar i think inst an add on by Datsun,prob. a PO idea. http://www.rockauto.com should carry the clutch, may want to replace the throw out bearing while your in there :D

ya iv been trying all the local junk yards and cant find a door or the peice for the shifter im not worried about the door it works for now is ther any other modles or years of datsun i might be able to get parts for the shifter linkage from im pritty new to datsuns so any help would be awsome

ya im not to into the bars on the box once all the snow melts ther coming off same with the one that runs along the front bumper

so i was a little bord today and played with the truck a bit i took off the weird bedrail things mirrors

datsun001-1.jpg

datsun004-1.jpg

datsun005-1.jpg

datsun002-1.jpg

i need to clean up the wiring a bit and give it a good wash

datsun003-1.jpg

the doors toast

datsun008.jpg

the kid who owned it befor me put in some power seats and ended up drilling a hole in the back of the cab to run the shouder seat belts

datsun0006.jpg

so i decied im just guna see if i can weld my shift lincage back together but i couldent get this pin out!!!

does it thred out or do u just hammer it out any one know??

on another not i may have found a parts truck

ya know he could have at least used the pads on the pillar just above the seat. Theres a convienient flat spot to use. Better then putting a hole through the cab! What exactly happened to that door? I cant tell whats going on in that photo of the shifter. Can you get a better picture?

Nice find!! If You are going to toss them, I would pay for shipping to add the side bars to My "museum". Maybe, just maybe they might look cool on My RHD project. I already have a 620 pushbar that they would match. Thanks.

The bar looks like the sort of aftermarket rope rails that is popular here. Especially on trucks with no hooks from the factory, but still common on trucks with hooks since most Aussies don't trust them to hold the load.

Don't trust the hooks!?! How can that be? Those things are tough! :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

i have some bad news

my dad was taking the batterie out of my datsun to put in his car cause his was dead and he didnt know how the prop rod worked in the truck and when he went to close it he litrely folded the hood thinking it had springed hinges so now my hoods all bent outa shape

now i really need a parts truck!

Guest DatsuNoob
i have some bad news

my dad was taking the batterie out of my datsun to put in his car cause his was dead and he didnt know how the prop rod worked in the truck and when he went to close it he litrely folded the hood thinking it had springed hinges so now my hoods all bent outa shape

now i really need a parts truck!

Awwww shitty! Sucks, cause it matched and was pretty damn straight. Oh well, now you'll have to get a white one and Banzai that shit :lol: