willey878

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i have a lead on a parts truck:D

i was driving past my old house and saw it in the guy next doors driveway i remember it sat in the alley behind his garade for years and the box was filled with garbadge. i had to leave a note with his girlfriend so hoppfully he calls me back wanting to sell it

that sucks about your hood. here how about i help you out with a pic. the pin you want to remove is held in by a small black roll pin that looks like this but about half the size. you'll see it on the top of the aluminium housing. it's a pain to get out. i usually use a tiny drill bit and pound it out or a tiny allen wrench and pound it out. welcome my friend.:)

reshiftpin.jpg

One of the PO's cut off the tailgate hooks on my truck, so now I've got three neat little square holes at the top of my tailgate... poor hooks...

someone took the tailgate hooks off the bed side of mine too. i just got a pair from the yard i'm going to have welded on. banging those things off were not easy.

that sucks about your hood. here how about i help you out with a pic. the pin you want to remove is held in by a small black roll pin that looks like this but about half the size. you'll see it on the top of the aluminium housing. it's a pain to get out. i usually use a tiny drill bit and pound it out or a tiny allen wrench and pound it out. welcome my friend.:)

reshiftpin.jpg

awsome iv been trying for so long to get that thing out

nice headlight things i dont suppose they have a brand name stamped on them anywhere? i personally would have kept the hooks.:D
not sher who made mine but i know moo makes ones just like them

https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Store/product_info.php?cPath=188_54&products_id=117&osCsid=af58435beb35a59651a805a9c89da969

i'm sure there is a ton of those 4 speeds sitting in member's back yards. post in the wanted section for that piece.

you'll have to take the eight bolts off the tail and the 1 big nut to the drive shaft flange and slide the rear tail back about 4 inches or so to replace that piece. or as the book refers to it as the rear extension.. i dont know if you can do that with it in the truck. maybe if you support the trans and remove the mount and cross member. i dont remember if the cross member is removable or not. ok i just looked and it's not removable. you still ma be able to undo the tail and mount and slide it back far enough to remove that piece.

you might just end up pulling the whole transmission out. i dont know if i'd have that piece welded up. i hear welding aluminum isn't easy. try to find that piece or another 4 or 5 speed to swap out.

you think your spelling sucks. cheiit.:lol:

do u know what that peice is called?

ya i was thinking of just swaping in a whole other trans if i cant find the peice but i dont wana have to shorten the drive shaft or make a new crossmember.

is ther any other vehical modles that would have the same kinda tranny i know for a fact that thers no other 521s at any of the local junkyards