MY 620 KC WAS STOLEN!!

The truck was recovered by Vancouver police last week. It was transferred to my insurance companies salvage lot on Friday. I'm hoping to get over to see it tomorrow. I know the passenger seat is gone and all of the stereo. Who knows what else is up with it..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from checking out the truck at the salvage lot. It looks like they were after the stereo. The passenger seat is gone, which really sucks. I doubt I'll easily find a replacement. They trashed the dash panel. The truck had a really nice one. It appears to not have been harmed mechanically too much. Time will tell. Hoping to hear from the adjuster soon.

What kind of seat's are they . I have a set of nice seat's from my part's truck .:)

Glad to hear you recovered the truck. Mine was stolen a few weeks before yours and I now need to replace everything in the cab. The thieves took my seat,door panels, arm rests, visors everything. But I am slowly replacing them from stuff I have acquired at the junk yards. Good Luck!!!!!!!

I need some help. The insurance company is offering a ridiculously low amount for the total loss on my truck. Anyone have any recent for sale ads for a KC with a nice stereo, interior, rebuilt engine and other mechanicals I can send them to establish "market value"?

I need some help. The insurance company is offering a ridiculously low amount for the total loss on my truck. Anyone have any recent for sale ads for a KC with a nice stereo, interior, rebuilt engine and other mechanicals I can send them to establish "market value"?

Bastards ... What company is it?

SLO, I have the insurance paperwork(value) from when my yellow truck was totaled about three years ago. May not be recent enough paperwork though. Still was not the best number, but it was 2.5 times what they originally offered me.

Do the ads need to be from KC's??

I got $1400 dollars for minor fender damage and a broken side marker. The bumper was bent as well.

CIMG0106.jpg

This was minor but I had the following:

I pulled some ads from Craiglsist and EBAY plus had the Bill of Sale from when I purchased the truck. I also had all the reciepts form parts and labor (minor stuff). The adjustor was a private contractor (most are as the insurance companies contract privately by region/state)and he was fair. Get another adjustor on site to assess the damage.

Since these trucks are so old and not on the books anymore, the only way to make sure you are covered is to keep all of your reciepts for any major parts or restoration work that was done. Then, pay $250 for a private appraisal and then hand all this over to your insurance agent and make sure he/she understands the value and underwrites your policy accordingly.

I go through Haggerty (fully restored) and they have pictures, private appraisal and every reciept on the truck. Someone piles into me and they will pay full cost to restore the vehicle back to the condition it was in before the accident. Unfortunately, Haggerty's policies are not the industry standard as they only cover restored or perfect original condition vehicles (Classics and Collectors)

Traditional insurance companies will only cover you properly if you spoon feed them what I described above.....

I suppose you just have the passenger seat?

You don't have to come and confess

we lookin for you

we gon find yew!

I have both set's and i don't like what your getting at if you want to come look at them and the 620 truck i bought two months ago if not you can kiss my brown eye :angry:

Obviously you don't get the joke.

Geez, lighten up a little. :P

• Like 1

SLO, I have the insurance paperwork(value) from when my yellow truck was totaled about three years ago. May not be recent enough paperwork though. Still was not the best number, but it was 2.5 times what they originally offered me.

Do the ads need to be from KC's??

They want same year, same model ads for them to count. They are being horrible about the whole thing. I have submitted tons of receipts, photos, etc. They are offering $2100. I have an estimate from Car Toys for $6400 for the stereo replacement, including labor. This is ridiculous. They asked for more stereo receipts, which I submitted this evening. I will keep escalating this until I get a fair price for the truck.