WTB: L series turbo stuff

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTFisthisshit.jpg Skib, you'll hurt that little motor.

lol not even, drop on a W58 open chamber head for a ~8.5:1 CR.

Id be running low boost, its really just for the shits and giggles of building a carb turbo L4.

run a single webber with a pressurized box or a set up something like this

JasonsTurbo4.jpg

you can also run SU's with a pressurized box if you block off the float over flow tube and notch the throttle shafts to accept an O-ring sealing off the float bowls

lol not even, drop on a W58 open chamber head for a ~8.5:1 CR.

Id be running low boost, its really just for the shits and giggles of building a carb turbo L4.

run a single webber with a pressurized box or a set up something like this

JasonsTurbo4.jpg

you can also run SU's with a pressurized box if you block off the float over flow tube and notch the throttle shafts to accept an O-ring sealing off the float bowls

thats nuttier than squirrel turds.........

i need to look into a setup like that :)

Id like to do a blow through set up with a box like the one in the yellow car you did

any thoughts on fitting a similar set up on a 620 Ice?

Yeah it's a lot of work but EFI makes it even more fun. Actually I'm not sure if it would be that much tougher or easier. The yellow car was really fun to ride in. I only drove it once but it was sure fun :)

Hmmmm blow through for sure. More work but better results and the option of putting on an IC later.

Get an aluminum pot from goodwill store for $5. Use carb gasket to mark out the shape and drill/grind the holes and bolt to manifold with longer studs. Have a hole for the inlet air with a pipe welded on for the hose connection from turbo. Drill small holes for the fuel line, vacuum advance and throttle cable. Weld several fasteners around the top so the lid can be bolted on with a sealing gasket. Bolt carb inside.

Need a fuel pump that varies pressure with boost and always has 3 pounds more. Forget what this is called. Without it the carb will run dry with over 3 lb of boost.

Was thinking about doing something similar kind of based off the SK setup I have on my Z. Have a couple extra of te SK surge tanks, thought about cutting one down a bit. When you get around to making the exhaust manifold post up some pics, interested in the design.

Here is a picture of my set-up off my Z.

003-1.jpg

Was thinking about doing something similar kind of based off the SK setup I have on my Z. Have a couple extra of te SK surge tanks, thought about cutting one down a bit. When you get around to making the exhaust manifold post up some pics, interested in the design.

Here is a picture of my set-up off my Z.

003-1.jpg

ya Im a Z car guy at most so thats the set up Im basing my idea off of, the Z car cartech/HKS/turbo-tom triple carb set ups

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.