yard art

dspeirn

been lurkin around here a little while thought i should post my build cuz it seems like it would be cool.

i got a 69 datsun 510 2dr came with a buick 3800 in it woulda been kinda cool that way, but the guy who did the swap had no idea what he was doin. now i'm trying to remedy some of the stuff he did, fix the rust, and make a car that handles sick.

the good thing is that it came with qa1 rear coilovers and some different suspension system in the front, i think just 510 struts with the spiring perches cut off and coilovers put on. im gonna raise my lca pivots, put in some camber plates, adjustable control arms, techno toy tuning tc rods, spot weld the engine bay, roll cage, and aluminum door panels. the thing needs all new bushings so im gonna toss some of those in and prolly slot the rear a arms as well for camber adjustment. got a set of libras to replace the ones on my car anyone want some rims and tires?

right mow the thing is stripped for paint and metal work. im bummed cuz the pics of when i first got the car with the 3800 and such are on my buddy's camera, i know we all love pics, so here is what i got.

more coming.

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just some quick info and not to thread jack but there are alot of trannies that will bolt up to the new 3800 supercharged motor. ive got one going in a suzuki samurai with a t5 behind it. the 3800 came in camaros and firebirds in the 90's without the sc on it and it was rwd so there are a few trans setups right there. just thought u shood know

wait ncrmtrsports510 that looks so sick. how does that work the diesel preserves the metal or what? you don't have to paint it? does it change the color of your paint?

get your car rusty, like how it is.. or is that like dirty primer?

oh its old diesel oil actually lol

check it out

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/09/27/car-spotlight-gt-gt-rusty-undead.aspx

I really want someone to do this to a dat, not cut it up though just make it mad looking.

the actual body of my car isn't that rusty its actually hella straight that brown dooky primer just makes it look like crap. I definitely want to do that to a car that is already rusted it looks pretty ill, but to make my car rust for it i don't know. i think a rat rodded dat would be sick tho.

• 4 weeks later...

well its been a month and i've got the sheetmetal on the floor done, movin a little slow. pics comin soon. i was just wonderin if anyone knows a good seam sealer to use cuz i looked and theres abut 400 different kinds what does everyone else use is there any big differences in the paintable and tube kind what brand etc?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

update heres the sheetmetal before paint, and ... paint. i might start a thread on how to build a ratsun budget mobile paint booth. paint came out better than i thought it would, being as its the first time ive ever painted anything. definitely some drips to sand off and plenty more sanding and buffing after that. but yeah im stoked i can start building my car now.

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353-2.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

wow Vic and I love to see projects like this. Very cool, keep the pics coming

ill take a bunch more as i go. glad to hear your guys like my project means a lot coming from you guys, the work you do is so freakin cleeeeeeeeaaaaan

Better buy a brake upgrade those non vented brakes will not stop a l16 worth. A crap.

yeah savin up for some 280zx struts with some coilovers. i got an l20 with some 44 mikunis so i need a little but more braking power than whats on there.

OK. from this pic, it looks like it comes further out to the front of the car. I seen one someone had that was from a 200sx. I just can't remember who had it. Trying to find one for a future VG swap.

IMG_4838.jpg

got a set of libras to replace the ones on my car anyone want some rims and tires?

DUDE! Are you trying to get rid of those black wheels on your car in the first pic?!!! :blink: I freakin love those wheels, been tryin to find a used set for my car...aghhh