87 Hardbody project.....

I thought id share a few pics of my friends 87 Hardbody that were bagging. Weve been working on it here & there for about 1 month & so far we started with the rear & then will do the front last.

started the notches...

1-9-07-3.jpg

crossmember in place + link tabs...

3-141.jpg

upper bar mounts in place. Im going to cap them & make them stronger. We also swapped in a new axle in the process...

P1010007.jpg

all bars & tabs welded in...

P1010012.jpg

frame cut out, we need to finish the notches still...

P1010015.jpg

rims are 18 inch Escalades, the stock front hangers will be cut flush with the frame....

P1010013.jpg

Ive been doing most of the welding & it's been good practice for me. Ill post pics as we make progress...:cool:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good Mark! I did my friend's '95 a few years ago, I hate how the frame ceases to be boxed right where you need to weld the notch on! I ended up having to box the frame, then put the notch on. Those wheels must be off the '07 eskie huh? I bet those cost him a pretty penny!?;)

Yes Jeff it was a rough 75 degrees that day...:cool: Steve, the bear is an inside joke my friend has with another friend who's baggin his HB too..i was just the welder/pic taker haha. And yeah we did the same thing on the frame..had to box in right where the notch goes before adding it in.

• 2 weeks later...

We got alot done yesterday to the HB...

an action pic of me welding

3-284.jpg

upper & lower bag mounts welded in plus bridge bars in place..

3-286.jpg

also boxed in the notches. Were going with a standard over the axle setup which should give him 8 inches of lift using a large Firestone bag..

3-287.jpg

Thx guys. Im basically welding everything in where my friends wants it. The bars dont sit as parralel as id like them to when it's laid which is affecting the pinion angle a bit but after jacking it up & down a few times & adjusting the bars the angle doesnt change that much. We also played with the lower bag mounts to make sure the bag infates/deflates evenly without distorting.

• 3 weeks later...

We got back to it today. I made & welded in some plates that capped the upper/front bar mounts. Then we started trimming the bed & wheelwells so the 18's will tuck up & not rub on anything. A section of the inner well was removed & the bedsides will be flared out about 1 inch just to be safe....

yes thats my hand..:D

4-1711.jpg

me cuttin sh*t up...

4-17.jpg

we trimmed/rolled the bed lip but will b flared soon...

4-173.jpg

tuckin 18's...

4-174.jpg

whos that goofball?....

4-176.jpg

• 2 weeks later...