My 59 sedan

Well hello, since I jumped in on another post, it was suggested I make a new post about my car. But first I would like to show some pics.

Let's give this Photobucket thing a try, I just put them on it.

Kk.jpg

Now I'm gonna try to link to the album.

Photobucket here!

I have pics of my former stock 59 sedan, and my former 61 truck. The most wicked stuff is the artwork. One is a friend painted a "monster shirt" of me driving my car all evil, and the other was the concept drawing of the 61 truck as a gasser. This was done for me by the great car and high dollar custom designer Chris Ito. I wish I hadn't fallen on hard times or I would still have all the cars, I would have loved to be driving that truck right now.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but she does hide a lot. She's a "bondo beauty". And now that I drive her to work in all this rain with most of the rubber missing, she is getting more rust. So many things left to do, but no time or money. I have many parts to do some of the fixes and customizing, but no time to take her off the road to get them done.

Just AWESOME man! Your timing is great as I have been drawing a 59 this evening, was just thinking about the pinstriping I want to do, I sign on to Ratsun and wham-o, here is your awesome ride!

Thanks so much for sharing! You've had some great datsuns.

Thanks. I just added 3 pics of the 520 farm truck I had. I never to pics of the 67 2000 roadster I owned for a day. That day made it 5 Datsuns and a Nissan Hardbody (also now gone).

If this works, I had a little fun with my wifes new camera.

The MII front end is custom built by my friend Erich Olsen. His shop is called Olsen Motor Sports. He doesn't advertise and his number is not even in the phone book, but he has a 2 year waiting list. I worked for him on the side for 2 years to pay for his part but still had to come up with the new and stock parts needed. It is 7 inches narrower than a stock MII. The rack is stock MII, but has been shortened 5 inches itself. He made the crossmember and the 1 inch shorter A arms. The motor mounts use the same stock MII upper A arm rubber to make it easier to replace in the future.