Mirrors...

Rhapakatui

My first Datsun 620 back in the day had an awesome side mirror. It was chrome, about 3x4, mounted at the front of the door. I loved it. When my parents junked the truck, they asked if I wanted anything off of it. As this was over the phone, I just had to try and remember, having not seen the truck in about a year. I got them to keep my steering wheel and rims but not my mirror. Now, I have two new trucks. One I want to do mostly custom or after market, and one I want to keep true to '75. I want my old mirror for my '75 but can't find one. So, today I was scouring the interweb for one like it for sale when I found this

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Mirrors

and about crapped my pants.

My mirror was this one 0807mt_13_z1979_datsun_620side_mirror.jpg

Its almost to the bottom of the page and its listed at a crazy price.

What kinda mirrors do you guys have? At the moment I have one mirror between two trucks and it blows. Big giant trailor hauling thing that the dealership prolly stuck on there to make the truck more useful...

worst part is, there are two screws plugging the holes where my old mirror would have fit, so I know that some guy back in '75 pulled my mirror off and chunked it to put on that giant POS.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, mine was a '76 so I'm guessing it was an option. I haven't been researching long. Just know I hate the trailer mirrors. Didn't find a thread for mirrors on here. Wanted to see some stock, or period correct options, and figured it would be a chance to show off what people have.

How common are those mirrors in grey and silver? Could always get one and have it chromed

P.s. I plan to run a stainless peep mirror on the kc. Anybody got anybody got any cool after market options?

My 76 has always had the square chrome mirrors. now I'm not sure if the passenger one was added at the dealer or not. (probably added the passenger one as my dad PDI"D the truck when my uncle bought it from the dealer he worked at.) And it still has em to this day.

Paul

They silver or gray ones you can buy brand new from Nissan. Or I should say I bought 'em two years ago.

I contacted Nissian dealer couple of days ago and they are NLA.

want to sell a gray right one ????

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

I have always gotten rid of the stock mirror. Instead I get one of those 'glue on' mirrors from a newer car. The one in my 710 has two map reading lights that also turn on when the door opens. Most also have a lever to dim the reflection at night. Very handy.