ART- Datsun 411 RATROD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did too, but I just dragged my feet on organising dry storage for it, then also found they are relatively easy to come by anyway in more usable condition. Still it was $200AUD.

It was missing the carburettor assembly, but otherwise complete. Had journeyed to Tasmania from West Australia in 2003 from its rego! Pics were from '07 and to be honest, I couldn't imagine driving cross continent in the state it would have been in 4 years back...

Enough thread derailment.

• 5 months later...

After getting permission from Fisch, Ive booked my session and im goin to get the 411 wagon tattooed on my fore arm opp my Datsun 1200 badge tattoo. I love this thing so much!!. Ill post pics up in a couple of weeks once the outline is done then few weeks later for the colouring.

I have toyed with the idea of cutting the roof off a [hopefully not otherwise useful] 411 station wagon, cutting a 411 sedan vertically through the center door posts and stretching the sedan to match the length of the SW roof. I wanted to park it in front of the NISSAN USA Headquarters in Gardena CA [still think of it as DATSUN USA], but now that they have moved, the whole idea seems passe. It would look good with a mini bar in the back seat! Maybe with a V6 and rear end from the "86 200 SXSE?

By the way, I am in the process of replacing the head gasket in my 1967 RL411. Does anybody "really" need a picture of the infamous hole in the left front fender liner for the exhaust? Or of the adapter installed to get from the modified type R engine to that fender well exhaust? Or of the bell crank installation needed to get the SUs running?

• 8 months later...

Okay, I know I'm thread necro'ing here, but this picture has inspired me. I would like to know as many details of that car as I can, model, year, accessories, (especially the fender mirrors and the visor) so I can replicate this car. With the owner's permission, of course. :P

Okay, I know I'm thread necro'ing here, but this picture has inspired me. I would like to know as many details of that car as I can, model, year, accessories, (especially the fender mirrors and the visor) so I can replicate this car. With the owner's permission, of course. :P

Go for it man. It is a 67 Datsun 411 wagon. I would get the sss version if you can find it!

The info on the visor can be found on page 2 of this thread.

The fender mirrors shouldn't be to hard to find, just do a search for fender mirrors on ebay.

You'd have to improvise on the bumper mounted puke tank (overflow tank) But mooneyes might have something cool.

The lake pipes running under the doors would be fun to figure out! On the SSS the exhaust runs through the front fenderwell.

Here is s kewl example that was on B.A.T.

I LOVE that freakin Dash!!

http://bringatrailer.com/2008/11/04/black-plate-1967-datsun-rl411-sss-wagon/

1967_Datsun_RL_411_SSS_Wagon_Front_1.jpg

1967_Datsun_RL_411_SSS_Wagon_Interior_1.jpg

1967_Datsun_RL_411_SSS_Wagon_Rear_1.jpg

1967_Datsun_RL_411_SSS_Wagon_Engine_1.jpg

The moon tanks come in different sizes and are primarily used for drag racing fuel tanks. It be cheaper to improvise, like modify a chrome fire extinguisher or something. Many places have lake pipes available, different lengths, and 1 2 or 3 exits. Probably easiest to dumby mount them just for looks. Mirrors easy like he said. Might be able to use door mirrors from something else as long as it has a nice angle. Roadster springs in front lower it a little with a good ride.

• 3 years later...

i have always loved your art and it has inspired to make my 411 a rat rod. Just finished putting a weber downdraft 35 series and that really woke it up. (could run 6-7 psi blow through turbo with it) provided increase main jet and 18 degree timing retard. Lowering it now, then painting it. Thx for this inspiring site.

sigh...

BBCode has been around for 15 years now....

not to mention there is a sticky on how to post pictures.

gets pretty old having to answer that question multiple times a week.

Once again, another point to have forum forced mandatorily read stickies...