new car

ok so i want to get a new car, and there is one in town i really want. ita an 06 nissan altima. white, no sunroof :( cloth. its the 2.5S. 32K miles $14k very nice

or this vw jetta. i thinks its an 07. 2.4 i think i know its not a 20t or the tdi. and its not a GTI either. its a wolfsberg edition. $19k and i think 40k miles

i want the nissan, but my dad thinks i should get the vdub. so which is better?

better gas milage?

reliability?

performance?

retain the value?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nissan all the way german cars are notorious for breakdowns and expensive repairs not to mention the nissan has lower miles AND cost 5k less

gas mileage on the nissan should be rather good a friend of mine got somthing like 25 city? im not sure ill have to ask

• Like 1

Altima buddy. I had a 05 altima se-r, theya re great cars, only thing that sucks is the turning radius, but they are comfy, roomy, powerful, and just plain fun. My se-r had the v6 and could kick 350z ass, i always loved the looks on their faces.

• Like 1

Altima buddy. I had a 05 altima se-r, theya re great cars, only thing that sucks is the turning radius, but they are comfy, roomy, powerful, and just plain fun. My se-r had the v6 and could kick 350z ass, i always loved the looks on their faces.

i thought the se-r was for the sr versions? shows how much i know lol and yea i really like the altima too! way more then that vdub. its a nice car, but i do now there expensive as hell to fix! and more than likely i can do most of the work on the nissan. and its more sporty too.

i'd love a 350z, but i have a kid on the way and need something 4 door, but yet still fun and sporty. an evo, yea i love them too! but i like the altima a little better, its more "sleek"

haha yea i bet! im not really lookin for anything real fast. ill have a fast dime someday. when the purple beast is crushed lol i might have to look into an evo tho...

the dealers i work for are having a huge sale these next few days, they have it twice a year! its a hhuge event, and we sell a shit ton of cars. My link

oh and the altima is 230 a month payments.

so i went on there online thing, and i found both of the cars, and specs, please help out guys!

ALTIMA

VDUBB

or a malibu. i like this car too, but wont get it

My link

^Evos are nice if you like crappy car brands. Im a nissan guy only, ive owned others and regretted it, but ive never regretted a nissan/datsun. Ive heard people have so many issues with evo's and sti's, yes their fast and cool looking, but quality speaks for itself. Plus my altima looked vip. I miss that car so much, but having a baby takes priority :( sigh.

altiside.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Untitled00m37s.jpg

People that have problems with evos and sti's are usually the dumb ass people that try and mod them and don't know what there doing. The 4g63 engine is a really good motor and they are built really well. Don't get me wrong I love nissans and datsuns but can appriciate a good automobile. It all depends on what your looking for in a car. I go through a lot of cars so I look at what vehicle will hold its value so if you decide to sell it in 4 years you won't owe more then the car is worth.

Hey, lil89ram, since you work at a dealership in devils lake, do you by chance know Jeff bye? He works at the ford dealership there in DL as a salesman. I grew up with him back in No Dak.

no i dont know him, but Bergstrom's own both the Chevy dealer i work at, and the ford one he works at, and a toyota dealer now. havent personally met jeff, but have heard bout him.

The v6 altima is the way to go, not the 2.5 if its a 05-06 like dr said, even though dr. u may remember my altima in there due to something wrong with the engine.

My buddy had a un modded sti, had to have the motor replaced, and then it kept having issues, pretty much a bone stock car. Id rather go evo over stDie anyday. I do like how the evo's look.

Personally I would go with a Nissa, but I would look for a maxima over an altima.........i seen some very reasonably priced ones around here. I sold nissans for quite a while at Salem Nissan and I always preferred the maxima to the altima.........granted there may not be one around your town but hey.....

I ran my auto shop for 6 years and I will tell you what I see with VW's. ELECTRICAL HELL> Switches work then dont and activate by themselves........power window motors, power seats, sun visor lights meltin the sun visors, flickering dash lights........I havenever seen a brand of car with more idiot light failures........transmission troubles up the wazzzzooooooooooooo, and let me tell you this.........head on to Napa and price out service stuff for them, VW's and honda/yotas have the highest parts costs i have ever seen...........

My neighbor lady took her beetle into the dealer and it needed a little over 7000$ in electrical repair parts and labor........anf then another 4700$ in trans repair.

Nissans have their issues, but hey you came to a nissan enthusiast site of course we will say Nissan

Now if nissan would bring back a little retro makeover of the 620 and just call it the Datsun......I would have one in my garage!!

Bill

Just buy a 2004 Altima with the bullet-proof KA.

My neighbor worked at the VW dealership about three years ago, he said they were not reliable compare to the Japanese cars sold and serviced at the same dealership. Plus the VWs costed more...parts more... parts needed more often... insurance...

Neither car will hold its value. The VW may hold it better, but you still loose more money over the long term