new car

STAY AWAY FROM THE VOLKSWAGON!!!! trust me, you will be glad you did...no offense, but German engineering is a sales gimmick. Some of the older VW's were ok, but all the newer stuff I have seen is no good, they break down and have a high cost of ownership...we have hundreds of them go through our small shop a year...if they weren't such a pain in the ass to work on they would be a meal ticket.

The diesel VW's aren't so bad, but man, from a mechanical standpoint, I think I would rather buy a Kia.

new Nissan's aren't so bad, but if I was picking a car from 00' plus it would be a Toyota...Honda's are overrated and cost more to repair. Korean and German cars are anal rape waiting to happen...I would buy an American car before a Hyundai or Audi.

P.S. does the Yugo chick have an adams apple?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy a 2004 Altima with the bullet-proof KA.

My neighbor worked at the VW dealership about three years ago, he said they were not reliable compare to the Japanese cars sold and serviced at the same dealership. Plus the VWs costed more...parts more... parts needed more often... insurance...

Neither car will hold its value. The VW may hold it better, but you still loose more money over the long term

2001 was last year of KA Altimas, '02 was 2.5 or 3.5

Ummm what.

It never ran right after the rebuild, and i was in there all the time about it, and i was at the point of hiring a lawyer about the whole issue, beaverton nissan even told me somethign was wrong with the motor, but wouldnt be sure without taking it apart, and since gladstone did the rebuild the warranty was through there not with them. Nissan corporate did nothing to help me out either so i finally just sold the car because witht he baby on the way i needed to make sure the car wouldnt have any issues. Kind of bull shit if you ask me if what your saying is true, i knew chris was a pos shoddy mechanic.

ANd dont worry, i wont say anything that it came from you , i never heard anything from you at all nismo dr.

Altima is a different class of car than Jetta. And VW has problems after '90? Come on. I drive a '01 Jetta. Had to change a water pump once. Only thing besides oil and spark plugs in its whole life. VW's have issues if you dont take care of the car. How many people buy jettas and golfs and "pimp" them out. German cars are not notorious for breakdowns. They are notorious for long lifes. Hmmmm, Mercedes with their w124 chassis is pure gold. Put a diesel in that car and yay.(Hint, they can go to 1,000,000 miles without a rebuild).

I love VW. I hate the mk5 jetta. a 07 Jetta is a mk5. I am a euro car fan though, I think they drive better. I have yet to get into a non euro car with an interior as nice a a euro car(lexus maybe approaches).

No touchy the Malibu, there is a reason GM got a bailout.

Drive both cars. See which you like more.

Is this gonna be your DD? Altima is a bigger car, not by much though. It probably rides the freeway better, but it probably corners worse. But how often are you really gonna go balls out on the road?

Get the Altima. This comes from an obvious german car fan. (I want an Audi more than anything)

I have driven one of those. Smooth. Speedometer seems off in the sort of fashion where you get a ticket for it. Too much of a boat though for me. And not all the toyota's had recalls. My grandmother who has that gen camry didnt have any recalls on it.

Well good luck with the recalls that will be coming with it. Toyota is a no go with me anymore since more and more recalls on them.

all cars have recalls, a shit ton of them. most just aren't well publicized

Amen to that ed...

seriously wtf dan? Toyota has had a good name for years, gonna let some news media hype shit throw you off toyotas? cmon man... ford, chevy, all of them have had recalls. granted the bullshit with the sticking throttle on the toyota's are scary :rofl: Throttle's have stuck for many years on different makes of cars, shit happens. it could happen to you in your datsun one day, that mean you will not buy any more datsuns?

There is a site that has recall information for many years prior to now. google around and check it out.

• Like 2

Well good luck with the recalls that will be coming with it. Toyota is a no go with me anymore since more and more recalls on them.

Your an idiot, toyota makes a good vehicle the gas pedal thing wasn't with all of them. Plus they hold there resale value better then most vehicles. I drive a tacoma as my daily and my wife has a sequoia never had any major issues, I own a shop and we see a lot less toyotas with major problems then a lot of domestic or german cars.

• Like 2

i feel sorry for anyone with a newer car ...the insurance and payments ..crazy if ya ask me ...but ive never done it i always find what i want and buy it mostly from auctions or owners.....good luck with your new cars ..i know you can never make everyone happy but theres nothing wrong with a toyota or nissan or i know this hurts but honda...

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i want to get a new car, and there is one in town i really want. ita an 06 nissan altima. white, no sunroof :( cloth. its the 2.5S. 32K miles $14k very nice

or this vw jetta. i thinks its an 07. 2.4 i think i know its not a 20t or the tdi. and its not a GTI either. its a wolfsberg edition. $19k and i think 40k miles

i want the nissan, but my dad thinks i should get the vdub. so which is better?

better gas milage?

reliability?

performance?

retain the value?

i like scion tc's and they usualy have sunroofs