Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driver quarter is totally welded. Just a little shrinking and hammering left. I need to put the rear suspension back is so I can mount the passenger wheel and roll the fender lip. Then I can finish the lower part of the flare and call the passenger side done.

IMG_20170408_141618_zpsracqdu5f.jpg

Rear suspension in. Now that the rear sheet metal is done I can finalize the rear exhaust. Just need to make new mounts and weld out. I'm gonna make the exhaust tip stealth mode... You won't be able to see the muffler and the tip will blend in with the valance. That's all for today.

[img=http://510factory.com/pictures/Datsun_510_Build_Pics/

• Like 2

Just gotta keep plugging away...

Exhaust all welded. Just need to weld the tip. I used a radiused tube and flushed it out with the valance. Now to drop the rear exhaust, weld tip, weld some stuff in the floor and then paint the floor. Not gonna be on the ground today. That's ok. It's coming along nicely.

IMG_20170409_121020_zpsqsirbnic.jpg

IMG_20170409_121033_zpsapuu4fxl.jpg

IMG_20170409_121150_zpsfi9hru3r.jpg

IMG_20170409_121101_zpsw5brkrpz.jpg

IMG_20170409_121108_zpsgjbiswwf.jpg

• Like 3

Por15 is some nasty stuff. Need a full body suit :) at least the underneath is done. Still have to seam seal the quarters to the wheel tubs and paint/undercoat them. That's gonna have to wait till next weekend. Off to Portland for the week for the Portland Tool Show.

IMG_20170409_195630_517_zpsaqxz7qpn.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Not much... Life has been crazy and i decided stressing about finishing this car was low on my priority list. Now I'm getting ready to move again.. This time i'll have a three car garage. Two bays but one is two deep which will be perfect. Still planning on having this road worthy this summer.

Yesterday I worked on prepping for Primer. Lot's of sanding and detail work. I'm very picky so I wanna do it right the first time.

Working the passenger side first. Half the roof, Door Jam and Quarter window frame are done. Next is quarter panel and rocker. Then around the tail light panel and the other side.

http://www.amazon.com/photos/share/0zgqlbvIYGRMgLles4Q5dmxHUkIqlVuyaatZ6EeAIel

IMG_20170611_150018_zpswtn1oijg.jpg

• Like 4
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)