Where have all the 70's 200sx's gone?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy and I built the motor for this car(a stockish bottom end since his engine builder was building stroker motors that were splitting blocks in half!)

204634_10150182214476665_817906664_6603246_6625286_o.jpg

It was the original championship winning kontrolle shocks car back in it's day, and just got repainted and decal'd to the original scheme.

Anybody guess what track that pic was taken at? :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Price Drop - $2,500.00 (I would rather not have to put it into storage).

I'd sell mine for $3,000.00. I just replaced the starter with a rebuilt (and keep a spare in the trunk just in case since rebuilts for old Datsuns seem to go south at the weirdest of times), I had an oil change (and had the rear differential fluid replaced which cleared up the slight vibration at 60 mph). The miles is 123 K.

I am finding out that my son claimed interest in car shows, but instead cannot find the time to actually go with me to them (and having our Class A RV takes up weekends already). Since I am crazy busy at work, I have no time to drive it like I want to (except on the weekends).

The car other wise has the following positives:

1. It is a VERY clean 200sx. The dash and interior is in great shape. Everything WORKS. The car is STRAIGHT.

2. Drivetrain is solid Engine purrs like a kitten and maintains correct idle (carb is GREAT). Tranny shifts great. Car drives straight and at speed. Engine temp / cooling system stays at norm (no overheating).

3. Solid newer Firestone tires.

4. Solid Brakes all around.

5. Solid Exhaust (quiet).

6. Solid Struts and NEW Shocks in rear.

7. All fluids changed regularly (extensive work receipt history comes with the car).

8. Bumpers are unmolested.

9. All lights work.

10. Original AM-FM Stereo (with 2 rear original clarions and one front dash speaker that work great, no clatter).

11. It comes from Alaska (via South Dakota and then Minnesota). I am the second owner.

12. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to California.

I am putting it out there as better running than the yellow one in Tucson (which has redone seats and perfect rockers, but mine is in better running condition and it is easier to get the few quirks resolve on mine than fixing the bumpers and misc. ideosyncrasies with the Tucson one).

Willing to trade for a Datsun King Cab truck in great shape (or better yet, a Toyota Dolphin RV in good shape).

The car needs:

• Lower rockers cut and metal shaped to fill (the only rust on the car mind you).
  • Front fenders lower dog legs metal replaced (in conjunction with the rockers.
  • Ceiling vinyl reglued to headliner (it is slightly loose).
  • Strong rubbing compound and wax job (paint is still decent, it needs to shine).
  • Slight rips in front seats, just needs an ulpholstry shop to repair (take both seats out, drop 'em off, spend $200, and they'll come back smokin')

Just putting it out there to see if any interest.

• 3 weeks later...

In case you 200sx lovers aren't perusing the east coast classifieds:

1979 200sx out in OH for $800. Seems like a pretty sweet deal!

Now if you could just get some JDM bumpers.

5Y05T65W33n23k83mbbat692c2c8a90b51718.jpg

5W15X25S63n83mc3lebat810dc92a17d01f40.jpg

5Y55W15S53k63pf3odbat5bf58643459310ba.jpg

Could look like this!

5418166596_dfef2a81f2.jpg?w=500&h=375

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the day has finally arrived.

I sold my '78 200sx for $2,150.00.

The new owner is elated (he's been trying to find one in the condition mine is in for over 15 years). At least he is a happy camper (and it is going to another Silvia aficianado). Car started immediately after it sat for a month (and ran just as nice as the last time I drove it back in September). He plans on painting it "Black".

His father had one in back where he comes from (it was yellow, called "Silvia", and had the side mirrors on the front fender). He is elated he has the North American version (with the L20b).

So, I am now without a toy (the economy has done its damage). Now to concentrate on making it day by day without losing the roof over my head.

I'll pop in from time to time, and I truly appreciate the welcome ya'll gave me.

• 10 months later...