210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

I actually made the model with separately adjustable sizes for the rod and push lock. If you know the rod diameter and the size of the hole the clip goes into, I can adjust it accordingly (e.g., hood clip is a 7mm rod with a 7x7mm hole it goes into).

6158f87b-c2ec-4531-9448-9dbbb9916545_zps

The rod is 4cm diameter. Didn't have a mm ruler :) I didn't get a measurement of the hole cause I don't want to take out the clips I have in there. It's difficult not to ruin it. I've got some extras in storage.

What/how did you make yours out of?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rod is 4cm diameter. Didn't have a mm ruler :) I didn't get a measurement of the hole cause I don't want to take out the clips I have in there. It's difficult not to ruin it. I've got some extras in storage.

What/how did you make yours out of?

Yeah I understand about not wanting to break the clip to measure the hole.

These are white PLA but I can also run ABS and probably Nylon (the printer can do the temps, I just haven't purchased a roll yet). I don't like running the ABS as it tends to have a strong odor when printing and the printer sits in my office (PLA is odorless, ABS smells like burning LEGO). These take about 12-15mins to print per clip depending on the settings, the amount of plastic used is very little, literally about a 5 cents worth (25$ a KG, clip wt is 1-2 gram).

Honestly, my biggest costs past initial time and setup for anything I make is always mailing it out and driving to the post office.

They kinda look 3d printed

Speaking of 3d printing... Is there a member with a 3d printer????? That would be handy

Ugh! I don't know why I forget about 3D printing. I've only had something printed for the car before. If I knew how to use the program properly (and had over $3k to spend on the program) I'd probably make all kinds of stuff to be printed. Printers are pretty reasonable though. Might have to rob a bank to get the program.

Yeah I understand about not wanting to break the clip to measure the hole.

These are white PLA but I can also run ABS and probably Nylon (the printer can do the temps, I just haven't purchased a roll yet). I don't like running the ABS as it tends to have a strong odor when printing and the printer sits in my office (PLA is odorless, ABS smells like burning LEGO). These take about 12-15mins to print per clip depending on the settings, the amount of plastic used is very little, literally about a 5 cents worth (25$ a KG, clip wt is 1-2 gram).

Honestly, my biggest costs past initial time and setup for anything I make is always mailing it out and driving to the post office.

Which program are you using to create stuff? Just out of curiosity.

Hey john i have been looking for all black interior for some time now... i have 1980 210 SL 

I know its pretty labor intensive taking all that off...

I'll be taking it all off anyway, so...      :rofl:

would you be able to throw a price for the entire interior ?

if we could i would be ok with shipping in parts and a coupe boxes. 

i could look into sending materials for shipping with return labels etc

Question is, is there zero chance of you coming to get it? If I have to ship it all, that might make the price different.    ^_^

And I think you probably want to ship it road freight. I honestly think it'll be cheaper that way. I think I could strap it all down to a pallet and wrap it in plastic. Then you can issue a call tag for a freight company to pick it up at my shop. 

In boxes, you'd need the dash in one, interior panels in another, then console and spare bits into another box. Then if you want the seats, that could get spendy shipping them in boxes. Probably would have to disassemble them for that. 

Shoot me an email and we'll discuss it...

johnroperphoto@gmail.com 

Ugh! I don't know why I forget about 3D printing. I've only had something printed for the car before. If I knew how to use the program properly (and had over $3k to spend on the program) I'd probably make all kinds of stuff to be printed. Printers are pretty reasonable though. Might have to rob a bank to get the program.

Which program are you using to create stuff? Just out of curiosity.

Autodesk Autocad 2014 educational version..it's free. But I just use that one because I use it at work. There are quite a few free programs.
  • Like 1

Autodesk Autocad 2014 educational version..it's free. But I just use that one because I use it at work. There are quite a few free programs.

If you feel like making some money off a b15 Sentra part....I know a plastic part that would sell that some people desperately need. Stupid plastic piece in the reverse lock out mechanism on the shifter.

I don't have or need reverse lockout. But 2 years of the car had it. And it breaks. Also could make money by making new sunroof motor gears (also plastic POS's and break).

PM me if interested... Or just go join b15u.com

People will For Sure buy.

Not Datsun I know...... But its Nissan :)

B15 is more Renault than it ever was a Nissan.

Early B15s should all be dead soon anyways.

They were better looking but had the bad iteration of the QR motor.

Ehhh......the "better" QR is MUCH MORE Renault than the 1st Gen. They don't even look similar. You can't even swap one for the other. The first swap ever is still a work in progress.

And 1st gen QRs are kicking more ass then ever. They aren't going anywhere and won't be dead anytime soon. The only problem with them was the stupid extra cat on the exhaust manifold and the stupid screws on the secondary intake runners. Both easy to solve problems. Great torque monster of a motor. They changed screws in 2006, everybody else loctites them or swaps to a b16 intake manifold. And who wants a stock exhaust manifold anyway??? Simple stuff. Some people do VQ swaps. NOBODY does SR swaps. People put a QR20 in sometimes but super rarely (mostly Altimas). Cheap people. No SRs though. Except cars that came with them. If there were more Frontier manual transmissions so they cost less (the ONLY reason a QR isn't currently going into my b210), anybody currently swapping a KA or SR into a Datsun would be an idiot. But....QR costs too much to swap in currently. QR doesn't NEED to rev as high as an SR...and guess what....now it can if you want it to. Doesn't need to. Can just fine with some internals. There are b13 and b14 people swapping in 1st gen QR25 motors....for a reason

But...enough thread jacking ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Scccccooooooooorrrrrrrreee!!!!!! Seeker > 620 KC pulled this for me on his way to Canby. He made a pitstop in WA. Finally! Something in my damn color! It is sweeeeeett! Yes, I squealed like a girl when I saw it  :w00t: :frantics:

070345EC-CF05-4A48-AA9E-C8E5F409D0F5_zps

• Like 1

Ehhh......the "better" QR is MUCH MORE Renault than the 1st Gen. They don't even look similar. You can't even swap one for the other. The first swap ever is still a work in progress.

And 1st gen QRs are kicking more ass then ever. They aren't going anywhere and won't be dead anytime soon. The only problem with them was the stupid extra cat on the exhaust manifold and the stupid screws on the secondary intake runners. Both easy to solve problems. Great torque monster of a motor. They changed screws in 2006, everybody else loctites them or swaps to a b16 intake manifold. And who wants a stock exhaust manifold anyway??? Simple stuff. Some people do VQ swaps. NOBODY does SR swaps. People put a QR20 in sometimes but super rarely (mostly Altimas). Cheap people. No SRs though. Except cars that came with them. If there were more Frontier manual transmissions so they cost less (the ONLY reason a QR isn't currently going into my b210), anybody currently swapping a KA or SR into a Datsun would be an idiot. But....QR costs too much to swap in currently. QR doesn't NEED to rev as high as an SR...and guess what....now it can if you want it to. Doesn't need to. Can just fine with some internals. There are b13 and b14 people swapping in 1st gen QR25 motors....for a reason

But...enough thread jacking ;)

Horrible motor. Over square.

Extreme piston angle; premature failure.

Nissan screwed the pooch with that motor. Bad outing for Nissan.

The next QR was way better.

Horrible motor. Over square.

Extreme piston angle; premature failure.

Nissan screwed the pooch with that motor. Bad outing for Nissan.

The next QR was way better.

It is better because of piston coatings, balance shaft delete/ fully counterweighted crank, and a slightly better flowing head. It still has bad piston angles and a ridiculously long stroke. There were not excessive failures of the original motors. There were excessive failures of the intake and exhaust manifolds, which are Not the motor.

Screwed the pooch with those Manifolds. Bad outing for Nissan.

The next Manifolds were way better.

(The Motors were always perfectly fine)

• 1 month later...