Weirdest few hours ever

So about an hour ago, I was in the checkout line at Lowes minding my own business when I felt someone poking hard on my back. I expected to turn around to see an old friend, however I was face to face with some grump old fuck. As soon as I turned around I was greeted with "You know, you're a piece of dog shit." Of course, it was all because my Trivium shirt read on the back, "Dear God, your fucking ship is sinking." Of course, it's religious. I asked him how he figured that, and somehow in all his babbling he ended up twisting the conversation into how soldiers overseas are dying and all this shit. I thanked him for allowing me to use my right to do whatever the fuck I wanted to do today. Everyone in line, including my mother thought that at this point it was pretty funny to see some old fucking man start arguing over something so trivial and immature and that I just smiled and let the stupid cunt babble on like an idiot. Little did he realize, I am actually Christian. I'm just not a "holier then thou" Christian.

Religion spreads more hate then it counters. Look at the Westboro Baptist Church for example. In their pursuit to follow their religion they have actually caused more hatred and negativity towards God then they counter.

Now, at this point, I didn't think this could get any better. I was walking out the door and he was driving away in a rusty 210 hatch that looked fairly identical to mine when I had just gotten it. I wasn't able to get my phone out quick enough to snap a picture :(

Today was a wild day.

• Like 1
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im religous, but i love getting into arguments with people that piss me off pointout out holes in the bible just because i can. And how technically every word that is related to a curse wors is a curse word, and if a word has the same meaning in any way its still considered a curse word >.< . There are great people who beleive in god that do things the right way, just a majority part of americans do it the wrong way, and play the im better than you card. I hate that shit. I dont go to church, but i beleive, i celebrate in my own way. I love it when people tell me im wrong and they are right. :-D

Heres on a related note, being a bigger guy a couple of a weeks ago i had some woman at winco when we were shopping, she was a beastie fat ass, bigger than me. I was walking in my own right of way to grab some cereal and she passes another lady in a cart and hits me. I look at her and she says nothing and continues past and mutters watch it fatty. 0.o Well this is where i was going to say something when my wife freaking freaks out on her calling her some stuff i wont repeat here. God i love my wife :) I just dont understand whats with people, i think i like canadians better anymore lol.

I used to get that with a Manson shirt I had that said Beware of God, I have fun with people like that.

It makes for an entertaining day. lol Tell us of your best experience. I wanna hear :P

Im religous, but i love getting into arguments with people that piss me off pointout out holes in the bible just because i can. And how technically every word that is related to a curse wors is a curse word, and if a word has the same meaning in any way its still considered a curse word >.< . There are great people who beleive in god that do things the right way, just a majority part of americans do it the wrong way, and play the im better than you card. I hate that shit. I dont go to church, but i beleive, i celebrate in my own way. I love it when people tell me im wrong and they are right. :-D

The funniest thing this guy did was to preach to me about God while sinning in the process. He was a complete hypocrite and when I called him on it he just walked away. Everyone got a good laugh.

I hear all of you. Walking the Boulevard one night, when a Born Again Christian got into my personal space and started preaching. I told him I had never died, so I did not need to be Born Again. Also, that he was invading my personal space and violating my right to Pursuit of Happiness, which in this case was to not have to listen to him. He followed me and kept preaching, then made the mistake of sticking his head in the window after I entered my vehicle. 74 Pontica Lemans's have heavy doors. I suddenly felt the need to get back out of the car very quickly. Not sure what his condition was when I drove away, but I bet that door hurt like the dickens.

I will discuss religion with anyone, as long as it is a discussion.

We as humans 'want to believe' in something. Even better if it can't be proved and relies totally on blind faith and can't be disproven. UFOs, conspiracy theories, religion, bigfoot, chem trails, santa claus, tooth fairy... all the same. It's always comforting to believe that there is a plan for us, that we are not alone, that there is a reward for living a good life, that existence goes on after death and that our friends and loved ones will be reunited with us and not lost forever. If my parents had been more 'religious' I too could blindly apply my faith to something like this. Maybe go door to door. Get into arguments with strangers about it. Become a martyr and fight a holy war. But I lack the unquestioning faith to do so. The more I look around the more I believe that we are on our own and it's up to us to live out lives as well and good as we can with no expectation of later reward. Friends and loved ones are here and now and should be enjoyed while we can as if we will never see them again. For you with faith who know where they are going I really hope you are right. For me santa claus and the tooth fairy are far behind me.

• Like 2

I would have invited him to come listen to some Deicide

My parents have that faith you speak of mike, it drives me crazy, they don't enjoy life the way they should, they are in their 70s and just waiting to die so they can go to heaven. My mom has cancer and isn't treating it because she prayed on it and doesn't think treatment is in gods plan. It is very frustrating but what are you going to do.

We as humans 'want to believe' in something. Even better if it can't be proved and relies totally on blind faith and can't be disproven. UFOs, conspiracy theories, religion, bigfoot, chem trails, santa claus, tooth fairy... all the same. It's always comforting to believe that there is a plan for us, that we are not alone, that there is a reward for living a good life, that existence goes on after death and that our friends and loved ones will be reunited with us and not lost forever. If my parents had been more 'religious' I too could blindly apply my faith to something like this. Maybe go door to door. Get into arguments with strangers about it. Become a martyr and fight a holy war. But I lack the unquestioning faith to do so. The more I look around the more I believe that we are on our own and it's up to us to live out lives as well and good as we can with no expectation of later reward. Friends and loved ones are here and now and should be enjoyed while we can as if we will never see them again. For you with faith who know where they are going I really hope you are right. For me santa claus and the tooth fairy are far behind me.

I think you just put the topping on the ice cream. lmao

It seems that most hate and negativity follows religion. More people have died from religion then anything else known to man. It's sad that their's enough religion to cause wars and turn the world against itself, when religion itself is supposed to be a happy thing.

I would have invited him to come listen to some Deicide

My parents have that faith you speak of mike, it drives me crazy, they don't enjoy life the way they should, they are in their 70s and just waiting to die so they can go to heaven. My mom has cancer and isn't treating it because she prayed on it and doesn't think treatment is in gods plan. It is very frustrating but what are you going to do.

I love Deicide. hyper.gif They are one of the most controversial bands in America and they are popular for that.

Sorry to hear about your mom man. I hope that it turns out okay. My Grandma fought cancer for sometime, and it's one of those things that's hard to fight. Hopefully she will decide to treat it before it's too late.

Also sorry to hear about your mom. Thing is that faith and belief can ease our plight and suffering here if we believe in an afterlife. Something to hang onto I guess.

Religion, any religion, is simply a group of individuals who band together to support their mutual beliefs. Strength in numbers. Beginning religions, in order to grow would be intolerant of homosexuals and birth controls as they don't promote family growth and new members. Other religions would also be forbidden because of competition and would be persecuted/killed as would be non believers who must be converted or destroyed. As inevitable as politics, power seekers will co-opt any religion and set up a hierarchy of leadership and acolytes supported by the lay believers and their tythes and collection plates. The larger the hierarchy the bigger the risk of internal rot and like a huge business conglomerate internal workings are not subject the outside scrutiny.

Many religions have splintered with groups moving away over the past several thousand years that are mostly benign and tolerant, promoting a belief in God and good over evil. These will water themselves down until they fade away. These are the most fundamental and members won't need to be organized into a 'group' religion having come full circle and placing faith in God on an individual personal level.

Geez, did I say that? :lol:

• Like 1

no ones ever waged war over the Datsun gods :lol:

well, maybe a beer drinking contest or two :P

Even Kratos wouldn't fuck with the Datsun Gods. Thats a can you don't want to open, just make your blood sacrifice and continue on

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home... and that hearing "Datson? That some kind o' Neeson ain' it?" or "What's a Datsun?" makes me smile. :)

This is what I do believe in.

• Like 2

This song sums up how I am with my religion. Avett Brothers - me and god

Well I know a preacher he's a real good man

He speaks from The Good Book and his hand

And helps all people when he can

But me and God don't need a middle man

Well I found God in a soft woman's hair

A long days work and a good sittin' chair

The ups and downs of the treble clef lines

And five miles ago on an interstate sign

My God, my God and I don't need a middle man

Now I don't doubt that The Good Book is true

What's right for me may not be right for you

To church on Sunday I'll stand beside

All the hurtin' people with the fear in their eyes

And I thank the Lord for the country land

Just like Paul I thank him for my hands

And I don't know if my soul is safe

Sometimes I use curse words when I pray

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

hear hear!

beer-1.jpg

I believe we all have the right to believe in whatever we want. I don't believe in killing someone for believing something other than what they believe in, and yet for thousands of years, differing beliefs have resulted in just that. I believe in nothing other than my family and friends, and I believe that if someone f*s with any of them, they better believe they are more right in thier beliefs than I am in mine.

I believe I'll have another beer.

how do i say this with out to much contreversy, christianity is not a religion, and please do not say that it is if you do not know the truth of the matter, i do feel bad that there are so many out there misrepresenting our faith, yes i said faith, it is a belief, and not just for an after life, but for a better way of life, do not get me wrong, i am as street as any one else, mess with me or my family and yes i too will protect them, GOD never said not to protect your own, he only said that by turning the other cheek in a conflict that you may be able to settle it peacefully.

please understand i am not trying to bash any one either, but as i stated , if you don't know all the facts, shut up about it, if you have not read the Bible( and do not read it like a book, study it) or even attemped to understand it, do not comment on it, there is way to much truth to be ignored, it's like if you were/are good at mechanics, but suck at body work, are you going to bash the body guy for what he can do, and you can't, no i don't think so, you might try to learn or understand.

so in the case of religion, it is a commitment or devotion to to religous faith or observance, or a personal set or institutional system( thats straight out of websters), as for christianity , we do believe in JESUS CHRIST as our personal Savior, and our Redeemer, but we do not pray to idols, or worship statues, we believe in our faith that Christ died for us to set us free from the bonds and restaints of the devil, we also believe that there is life after death, and a heaven and hell, and that you will be persacuted for what you do, we all(everyone) have the choice to believe what we want, and i am not going to try and force my beliefs on any one, but i will gladly share them with every one who wants to know.

as for what happened to the ratsun member at the store, i am sorry that this happened to you and that there are those out there who misrepresent the rest of us, but please do not base any of your beliefs on those that are misguided, and if i can be of help to any one out there who has questions, pm me and we can talk, and as for every one else , we all have the right to believe what ever we want, that is our choice to make, as for my self and my family, we choose to believe in GOD, JESUS, and the Holy Spirit, as i have stated before, i am a christian minister duly ordained in the church and recognized by the state of arizona. i know that now days with all the things that are going on this title does not mean much, but i know it does to me and my christian brothers and sisters, and to who ever else wants to know, i do live to a higher standard...thx tom

• Like 3

how do i say this with out to much contreversy, christianity is not a religion, and please do not say that it is if you do not know the truth of the matter, i do feel bad that there are so many out there misrepresenting our faith, yes i said faith, it is a belief, and not just for an after life, but for a better way of life, do not get me wrong, i am as street as any one else, mess with me or my family and yes i too will protect them, GOD never said not to protect your own, he only said that by turning the other cheek in a conflict that you may be able to settle it peacefully.

please understand i am not trying to bash any one either, but as i stated , if you don't know all the facts, shut up about it, if you have not read the Bible( and do not read it like a book, study it) or even attemped to understand it, do not comment on it, there is way to much truth to be ignored, it's like if you were/are good at mechanics, but suck at body work, are you going to bash the body guy for what he can do, and you can't, no i don't think so, you might try to learn or understand.

so in the case of religion, it is a commitment or devotion to to religous faith or observance, or a personal set or institutional system( thats straight out of websters), as for christianity , we do believe in JESUS CHRIST as our personal Savior, and our Redeemer, but we do not pray to idols, or worship statues, we believe in our faith that Christ died for us to set us free from the bonds and restaints of the devil, we also believe that there is life after death, and a heaven and hell, and that you will be persacuted for what you do, we all(everyone) have the choice to believe what we want, and i am not going to try and force my beliefs on any one, but i will gladly share them with every one who wants to know.

as for what happened to the ratsun member at the store, i am sorry that this happened to you and that there are those out there who misrepresent the rest of us, but please do not base any of your beliefs on those that are misguided, and if i can be of help to any one out there who has questions, pm me and we can talk, and as for every one else , we all have the right to believe what ever we want, that is our choice to make, as for my self and my family, we choose to believe in GOD, JESUS, and the Holy Spirit, as i have stated before, i am a christian minister duly ordained in the church and recognized by the state of arizona. i know that now days with all the things that are going on this title does not mean much, but i know it does to me and my christian brothers and sisters, and to who ever else wants to know, i do live to a higher standard...thx tom

How can you say Christianity isn't a religion? While you were looking in Webster's you should have found this:

Main Entry: Chris·tian·i·ty

Pronunciation: \ˌkris-chē-ˈa-nə-tē, ˌkrish-, -ˈcha-nə-, ˌkris-tē-ˈa-\

Function: noun

Date: 14th century

1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

2 : conformity to the Christian religion

3 : the practice of Christianity

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking issue with you or your beliefs, I just don't see how you are describing anything other than a religion. And for the record, I am a Christian.

I believe we all have the right to believe in whatever we want. I don't believe in killing someone for believing something other than what they believe in, and yet for thousands of years, differing beliefs have resulted in just that. I believe in nothing other than my family and friends, and I believe that if someone f*s with any of them, they better believe they are more right in thier beliefs than I am in mine.

I believe I'll have another beer.

hear hear.

beer-1.jpg

and now this gets locked before it eventually turns into mayhem.