Rat Rod Project

So a couple buddys are makin a Rat Rod on the cheap and are lookin for a drive train! I was thinkin A or L series for cheap and easy!

We are lookin for a complete engine and tranny! Auto OK!

Just about anything that is complete and CHEAP!

Here are the pics of the start!

100_3372.jpg

100_3373.jpg

100_3374.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this?

---------------

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1751756685.html

1981 Datsun 2 dr (Eastside)

Date: 2010-05-20, 11:10PM PDT

Reply to: sale-jegrh-1751756685@craigslist.org

1981 Datsun 4 dr One red Datsun 210, Body is not much to look at but it ran well till the float in the carb caused flooding (but it still ran). The new float is still on the front seat, never installed. Been garaged since we stopped driving it years ago. We have the maint records for the past 10 years. Drive train in good shape. Good rubber on 14" rims.

Cash offer, you haul.

• Like 1

Going to be awesome when finished! and do I spy a Pontiac Rally II? With a little spray paint that can be looking good!

Before

dsc01889k.jpg

After

20100501095632.jpg

But then again, it's a ratrod so they probably wouldn't fit if they looked that good!

Elmer alerted me to it via telephone, and I was able to get the First Email to the guy! Its BEAT, but complete and stil gots lots of good stuff on it! Last tabbed in 07. Gonna tear into it with Tyler (78B210GTX) in the mornin and will have a thread up by evening. Hopefully I can sell some of the crap off it before and at canby cause it was a streach to purchase it in the first place ;)

Elmer alerted me to it via telephone, and I was able to get the First Email to the guy! Its BEAT, but complete and stil gots lots of good stuff on it! Last tabbed in 07. Gonna tear into it with Tyler (78B210GTX) in the mornin and will have a thread up by evening. Hopefully I can sell some of the crap off it before and at canby cause it was a streach to purchase it in the first place ;)

A stretch to purchase something free? haha... towing sucks dont it

Used my Home made tow bar attatchment that bolts on where the bunper bolts to the front frame. Have my own magnet light kit and all that...Im just Broke right now :D

Had to buy Kelly a pack of smokes, he gots a truck :P

• 1 month later...
Guest DatsuNoob

Kelly was showing me that last time I was around, very cool! I'm thinking an L series with a stromberg (or a look-a-like) on top would look hot! Still have the fuel economy as well as an old school look while being more powerful that an A series. I'm thinking while that above pictured rat rod looks super cool, it's probably VERY underpowered and never even gets close to spinning those humongous tires.

Kelly was showing me that last time I was around, very cool! I'm thinking an L series with a stromberg (or a look-a-like) on top would look hot! Still have the fuel economy as well as an old school look while being more powerful that an A series. I'm thinking while that above pictured rat rod looks super cool, it's probably VERY underpowered and never even gets close to spinning those humongous tires.

In my opinion the rod would be somewhat under powered but it would more than make up for it by thumbs up per mile.the rat rod creedo is build it with what you got ,even if the parts are considered junk by some.And no matter how much power your car makes theres ALWAYS gonna be somebody with the biggest blown hemi style motor ever built decide to park next to you.