Project OLDRICE

fiveNdime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres some pics of the progress so far. Sorry I dont have any side shots. I have been too busy trying to get it running then to push it out. Hopefully it will move under its own power here soon.

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

My custom mount for the 5 spd.

IMG_1147.jpg

Light surface rust on the floor. I am going to POR15 it after I get the thing running. The toyota seat is much more comfertable.

IMG_1149.jpg

I didnt have a throtle pedal with the truck so I made one.

IMG_1151.jpg

Short shifter huh. I also made that tunnel cover.

IMG_1153.jpg

This is the 2.2 out of a 81 pickup. A87 high compression head and Roadster SU's

IMG_1154.jpg

My custom throtle linkage.:thumbup:

IMG_11352.jpg

How well does that Yota seat fit? What year? Bolts line up close? I've been wondering what a more comfy swap for a bench in a 521 would be. Had a thread about it a while ago.

THe truck is looking great man. Nice hood!

I have no idea why its not firing. I think its something stupid like a ground. It fired once so who knows. The motor was a good runner out of my 510. I just pulled it for a KA. The seat, who knows? Thats what the guy told me when I bought the truck he just hadnt put it in yet, but you have to line it up cause no holes match, it doesnt even sit on the seat rails. All I know is that its much more comfy then the stock one. I will get a pic or two from the side this saturday, it doesnt look as good inside the garage. I will also get a close up pic of how I attached the throttle at both ends, especialy at the carb.

• 2 months later...

ITS DRIVING NOW:D

I was driving the 521 the other day and I kept hearing this noise that sounded like something was banging under the truck :confused:.

I jacked it up today and gave a thorough look for rub marks and such. Found nothing and figured I would start wiggling stuff. Turns out the tortion bars were loose! WTF.....so I tightened them up and hope that works. The nuts were tight as heck and I guess it just settled in and loosened up. Who knows. Its sure fun to drive, and the looks are priceless.

Nice! the paint even matches your water hose.....lol

My truck had a banging/knocking noise also after the 5 speed tranny swap.

Turns out it was my driveline angles . Once I straightened everything out it ran smooth with no knocking. Just my 2 cents.......Later

• 4 weeks later...

heres what it looks like now. I have only done cosmetic stuff to it lately like get door locks keyed clean out bed of dirt and grime wire stereo and make speaker box. Adjust breaks a few times. Welding up bolt holes in cab floor. Driving lights that are needed. Wheels and tires. 16x8 wheels 245/45-16 tires. It gets crazy grip now. And of course a gamit of stuff remains but here are some pics of its current state.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys for all the compliments on it. makes a man feel good when hes wrenched for a while.:D I have had this problem for a while now with my gas filler hose. It has cracks like a million asses, so it leaks like a siv and with gas prices the way they are its not fun to watch your dollars hit the ground. I had a quick fix with a inner tube and some zip ties but it was short lived. This is what it looks like:eek:

IMG_0350.jpg