S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol except the frame rails are torn to pieces on my blue car, the fuel and brake lines are scraping (I've made small skid plates to cover where they scrape) the entire chassis is slightly bent where I got hit by the truck, and the left fender is twisted from hitting a barrier drifting a long time ago.

this way I can fully prep the chassis for what I want to do and not have to worry about anything anymore. and also do the subframe swap with little to no down-time.

Even living in the rust belt I wouldnt bother repairing that amount of rust on an s130. Those are difficult areas.

Power to you if you do not trying to convince you otherwise just... damn

I'm guessing it was a CA car at one point, I'm not sure. definitely not a desert car. looking at my car and pics of my orange car, they don't have ANY rust in any of the areas that car has.

Oh well, I can still make money off of this ugly beast from the few parts it does still have lol

and nope, still got the same number haha

• 2 weeks later...

^lmao thanks, it really sucks in person, though.

also scored a set of L24 rods from the junkyard, so I get to do the big-bore 3.0L that I always wanted to do now!

I've got some l24 rods out of a 73 motor that use the bigger bolts to if you want em, will probably take me a couple of days to find em.

Ya over square is better for higher rpm but the gains are pretty small. You dont make nearly as much tq as stroking but you do help extend engine life and higher rpm curve. Both I guess are desirable for drifting or w/e but I wouldnt put machine work into a block along with a stock crank, thats just my opinion though, I rather build the bottom end complete if I have to take it somewhere to be machined.

A bored to 3.0 is cool too, I wasn't knocking just asking.