S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome, just broke 100,000 views on this thread! thanks guys!

535471_580801475265690_859405394_n.jpg

very slight progress has been made.

RLCA's have been narrowed ~1" iirc. now the rest of the stock arms are in a bind, and the stock toe arms are about an inch too long to even try to bolt up lmao.

ilovetacotaco brand RLCA's hahaha they fit like total ass but I'd rather cut up $120 arms than $400-500 arms.

I need to order the rest of the arms now so I can dial the alignment in a little (looking for ~3* camber and 0 toe) so I can figure out what my maximum backspacing I can run. And also need to find a diff and axles so I can see how bad those fuckers are going to bind up and how much work it will be to make them work.

Hoping I can run a 12.5 or 13J under stock metal without gnarly camber and absurd fender pulling.

Lol it's fucking useless, looks dumb, wears tires uneven, rides like dog shit. (Says the guy with 2 deg neg camber on his pickup) :P

LOL WHAT THE FUCK HAHAHAHA

I just think it's cooler to have less camber to fit ridiculous wheels

I'm also looking for a little more grip and control out of my rear tires. I'd really like to do some more tandeming, and rub doors and shit. It's sketchy with -6* static camber lol

• Like 1

Started collecting arms, and now modding them.

Yes, they are cheap arms. Long hair, ain't care.

559950_376048295835529_729314255_n.jpg
582346_376048305835528_255565563_n.jpg
602135_376049129168779_1306997691_n.jpg

Super happy with it. I may need to grind a little more off one side, as it only gets -4* where the other side gets about -6.6* (I don't plan on needing that much, but I like the option)

Now I need to get traction arms, and then strip and powder coat them all matching colors.

Is 600.00 a good deal?

You can find them here. Never bought any thing from them before though, so at your own risk. 

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66

PPK, Bolt that sub frame up man! Im dying to see how this turns out! 

I've been wondering how this swap would work on an s130 ever since the owner of that blue z31 drift car did it. 

Special order them through the actual companies. You can order Stance through Touge Factory or hit up Fortune Auto for some of their coilovers. Only easily attainable coilovers I will reccomend.

lol I'm not going to waste my time putting that subframe in this car. It will be going in my new car whenever I get around to bringing it home lmao

Someone's already done it partially in their car, it's somewhere on hybridz.

I will also probably be doing a 71C trans swap at the time, as well, so my driveshaft measurements will not be the same as one with a stock trans, just an FYI

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=880/CA=2

^this doesnt sound too bad of a deal... but looks like something even I can do by taking it to a welder... 

But wait...    How does the sleeve even stay in the picture? I mean direct weld-on to a gas shock? (even yours ppk, was close, but indirect weld with the "cheapo" coilover sleeve right?)