Yellow headlights?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or get the yellow X-Metals spray paint in a can, and do a few light coats on the two headlights. Works ok also.

for 7.00 you can buy the krylon x metals transparent paint and do it yourself....any craft store or a fred meyer....you can get it in like 4 colors. works great and last till you take it off....

0514092129.jpg0617092112.jpg

Win! Theres an example :D

I would go with the painting I know you already said you would but here is another example. I had to look harder to find krylon stained glass paint and used that on mine but I like the color better than the x-metals

IMG_9790.jpg

KrylonLG.jpg

my can was white but it will be a small can not a normal sized one and it will cost a little more. I was satisfied with the end result and it leaves a very nice even coat. I found this stuff at Michaels craft store. You will find that it doesn't take very much at all to do two lights.

How bad does your guys painted kind fade/chip?

There was a car at Golden Gardens that had its painted and it had chipped really bad!

I have had mine painted for probably over 6 months, and they are painted on the inside of the lenses. I have had no chipping or peeling problems with 55watt bulbs and stained glass paint.

keep in mind the lenses will burn your hand if I have been driving around with them on so they get HOT!

Painted high beams will just reduce the light and change the color. Mercedes fog lamps are just that, they are for fog and have a totally different beam pattern. Just so you know, painting them yellow won't make them work in fog.

Painted high beams will just reduce the light and change the color. Mercedes fog lamps are just that, they are for fog and have a totally different beam pattern. Just so you know, painting them yellow won't make them work in fog.

ya, but they sure look good :lol:

my yellow inners are not high beams :D they are aftermarket fog lights like you would bolt to your bumper that I just painted yellow. None the less they have a fog light beam pattern but in their location they are just for looks.

ya, but they sure look good :lol:

yeah plus for $5-$6 a can of the stuff, it can go a long way in making lights yellow compared to more $ for the Merc lights.

I'm not a big fan of the yellow instead of high beam set ups but to each their own but I'm interested in what year mercs have the lights?

I'm not a big fan of the yellow instead of high beam set ups but to each their own but I'm interested in what year mercs have the lights?

If you're not a fan of them why would you be interested in knowing what year they come off?

Your question just doesn't make sense?! :blink: :blink:

If you're not a fan of them why would you be interested in knowing what year they come off?

Your question just doesn't make sense?! :blink: :blink:

He is a business man. I bet he would like to know since there is high demand for them. But honestly if you go to the junkers, you just see them and pull them off the car... You don't really need to know the make and model since any car could have it swapped or stock... Or just search fog Mercedes on ebay and they pop up. In other words you have to know were to look!!!!

Not trying to be a dick or nothing...

He is a business man. I bet he would like to know since there is high demand for them. But honestly if you go to the junkers, you just see them and pull them off the car... You don't really need to know the make and model since any car could have it swapped or stock... Or just search fog Mercedes on ebay and they pop up. In other words you have to know were to look!!!!

Not trying to be a dick or nothing...

Yeah, figured some one would just drop me a year or model range. Didn't know if there was only a certain year(s) that used the same size.

Anyways, I thought i'd keep an eye out for them since we get some strange stuff down here and from time to time the JY guys have no clue what things are worth if they are obscure enough. "Looks like you got some head lights, $10" something like that :lol:

Yeah, figured some one would just drop me a year or model range. Didn't know if there was only a certain year(s) that used the same size.

Anyways, I thought i'd keep an eye out for them since we get some strange stuff down here and from time to time the JY guys have no clue what things are worth if they are obscure enough. "Looks like you got some head lights, $10" something like that :lol:

Its exactly that! I get them for 3 bux sometimes.. Bring them a fucken BMW projectors!!!!! I can never get those cheap!!! I need to invest in a bigger tool chest.... <_<

Its exactly that! I get them for 3 bux sometimes.. Bring them a fucken BMW projectors!!!!! I can never get those cheap!!! I need to invest in a bigger tool chest.... <_<

Yeah, I had a EI dizzy once and the guy asked if that was off a Z and I said no so he was like, oh ok $30. :D

They got a faint idea of what to charge more money for if they don't know exactly what it is. Did it come off something expensive or really desirable? Charge more money for it.

Speaking of bigger tool chests... friend managed to find a 200SX ECU in his chest when he got home. :rolleyes:

I think a JY i've been to actually weighs you in and out. :P