mklotz70 Fairlane 500 wgn 1964

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I just received these for the Fairlane, but don't think that this in any way commits me to building or finishing it. lol It simply means someone will get even a better deal when they buy it.

IMG_0614.jpg

.....the rest of the parts in the background are for Paula's truck. I'm finally upgrading her brakes to the most recent kit. It's starting to look like Mend will get something different. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I drive a car very similar to your 64 Fairlane. Its a 1963 Mercury Meteor wagon, which is a 1 yr only car for Meteor wagons. Mine is a 260 with a 3 speed on the tree. Its a very rusty but enjoyable car. I'm going to drive it until there is literally no keeping it going anymore. Anyways I used a 64 Fairlane wagon for parts, it was cheaper to buy the whole car then to buy what I needed.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28874-put-wire-wheels-on-the-63-mercury/page__hl__%2Bmercury+%2Bmeteor__fromsearch__1

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41724-floorboard-repair-not-restore/page__hl__%2Bmercury+%2Bmeteor__fromsearch__1

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Funny you should ask.......

I was trying to drop off some axles for jesusno2 at Dutchman Motorsports, but they've moved to Idaho.....Carolina Kustoms is in the spot now.  They're now a go-between for Dutchman....anyway.....they have all kinds of stuff for mustangs(and the fairlane by default).  The strut kit that was available in Australia.......these guys have bought the patent and now they sell/install them.  So...I got a mini tour and chatted with Lonnie the owner.  I haven't talked to anyone about the fairlane in months.....now two people in the same day :)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Dave got a booth to sell the grinders.....but I think his father in-law's car will be in there too.  It hasn't been bothering me to just let it sit there until I get to it.  It used to bug me that it was hanging over me, but it doesn't seem to anymore. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Tried again to sell it......got a really low offer....even tried to make that work....but on top of the really low offer, he wanted me to bring it up to him in Seattle.  I told him fat chance in hell, I'll scrap it first.  Guess it's going to sit for another 5 years. :(  oh well.