Need help making up my mind? 510

danfiveten

What do you guys think of this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/73-Datsun-510-SR20DET_W0QQitemZ130369217324QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e5a9c632c#v4-37

Still needs some major work done, runs fine now but needs turbo rebuilt, needs windshield wipers redone. bodywork and shit is all done, just needs wheels tires and interior, and one small hole welded up. I was going to offer him 4500, which it sounds like he would take. My plans would be to make this a daily driver, just curious what you guys think, or if any of you know anything bad about the car. Otherwise i have a 95 hardbody im lookin at.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interior is shot, and there's things that scare me like the crappy gauges and radiator hose clamps on the intercooler piping. Things like this give you a clue about how the rest of the work was done. Looks to me like this car is going to need a LOT of work, so if you do buy it, be prepared to spend some money. It wouldn't be worth 4500 unless he fixes a few things and throws in the nice wheels posted on the link. The turbo itself is going to be over $300, and electric fan with thermo switch will be another $100, plus all the other stuff it needs. If you want a driveable daily NOW, buy the pickup.

What do you guys think of this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/73-Datsun-510-SR20DET_W0QQitemZ130369217324QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e5a9c632c#v4-37

Still needs some major work done, runs fine now but needs turbo rebuilt, needs windshield wipers redone. bodywork and shit is all done, just needs wheels tires and interior, and one small hole welded up. I was going to offer him 4500, which it sounds like he would take. My plans would be to make this a daily driver, just curious what you guys think, or if any of you know anything bad about the car. Otherwise i have a 95 hardbody im lookin at.

or just buy my Rx2 for $4500 and put in a 13b turbo with a TII trans and be done with it :cool: , needs carb work to make it a daily driver, but thats it

Picture271.jpg

Interior:

-No carpeting

-2"X3" hole in drivers side floor board

-Factory seats(tears in drivers seat, and passenger seat, rear seat has small imperfections)

- Speedometer will only work if you get a certain year of z-car cable...

-Factory dash is in good condition - one crack in center

-spare tire well cut out, and replaced with solid floor for fuel cell to mount on top of.

- i removed the heater core, and looped off the hoses on the engine.

Engine/Drivetrain:

-Does not have a cooling fan for radiator

-Vehicle is in running and driving condition, however -

Alignment is in need of adjustment due to aftermarket suspension components

Turbo is burning oil

slight miss at idle

Does not have a radiator fan

Steering/suspension/brakes:

Braking system could use a bleeding.

Christ on crutches, $4,500 for that laundry list of shit that needs fixing????? You need help making up your mind? Let me help you..... run away from it.

no im talking about a different 2 door. The red one with the white stripe, think his name was cory? has the blue 620 pickup. Has its kinks like every dime but ran great, stoped like a dime (no pun intended) and looked great. And then theres the v6 wagon im looking at today. And dude that dash was blinding me it was so shiny :)

no im talking about a different 2 door. The red one with the white stripe, think his name was cory? has the blue 620 pickup. Has its kinks like every dime but ran great, stoped like a dime (no pun intended) and looked great. And then theres the v6 wagon im looking at today. And dude that dash was blinding me it was so shiny :)

cory's car is clean !

Well the dime idea ended up falling through, the one i want i didnt have enough money for, and the one i did i decided...It needs a nissan engine :).

So last night on craigslist a 97 hardbody with 83k popped up for 44. Went out, looked at it perfect other than one golf ball size dent on the underside of the body under the king kab window..so its not to noticable. Only thing i hate on it is the ugly un matching canapoy that he fucking bolted to the bed rails. But inteiror was perfect, runs great, only downside is its a auto. I talked him down to 38 and drove it home. I feel weird driving a hardbody and not my se-r anymore.

Funny thing is when i talked to my dad, apparently corys car used to sit behind ou barn lol. I was wondering why that 510 looked so damn familiar. So cory that makes 2 510s youve owned that used to be my dads >.> lol.

lol... thats funny it used to sit behind your barn.....yep two of the good ones , sorry i couldnt get back to ya old lady had the cell(its hers) and was at a wedding all day.....anyway lets see pics of the new hot rod.....

you are better off with the hardbody.

no offense, but with that laundry list of things that needed done, there is no way it would be a daily driver or worth over 4 grand. Especially when dealing with a swapped motor that other ratsun members have mentioned may have bad wiring. Whats more, with it not running, driving, or braking properly...who knows, it may need alot more than a brake bleed and a "slight miss"...

you are way better off without paying 4k+ to finish someones botched project.

The eBay SR car looked like someones "learning experience". It looked hacked from the photos, I could only imagine what it would be like once you tore into it, and believe me you would have to. _Maybe_ if the bodywork was top notch, and that was the paint job of your dreams, the car would be worth it for a redo.

Radiator clamps for intercooler hoses, nice. I wonder what he used for the fuel injection hoses?

Best thing about that car was the SR, and he admitted it smoked. What happens when you bolt up a new turbo only to find out your rings and/or guides are shot?

Too bad you couldn't get a dime, but for a daily you are much better off with what you got.