So I'm new here.... HELLO EVERYONE!

Hi, so I started out reading forums looking for ideas and here I am now a member. I think it's great how everyone bounces ideas off of eachother, it's the best way to innovate. Anyways, I traded my 1978 Corolla wagon that I paid $150 for my sisters 1970 521 and I LOVE IT! It's got an L16fed by a weber 32/36 with a 4 speed. That's it so far. It runs great so I'm not messing with it (for now:D). I have a 240Z 5 speed that's going in it prob. after winter. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! I think I'm gonna put a stereo in it this weekend and do some 'glass work so I'll keep everyone posted.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niice and welcome! That is a real straight looking 521. Is that factory carpet in there? That seat actually looks comfortable too? Is it from something else, or a redone original?

thanks fisch, yeah I'm pretty happy with the body in general, I do need a new hood however, I had an accident with leaky brakes and a steep driveway :mad: I just won a bid on ebay for a new grille and trim, so if I find a hood she'll be perfect! As for the interior, I was pleased when I first saw the monochromatic scheme- as far as I can tell it's all factory. It'll need a good cleaning but it's in great shape if it is origional!

Here's some more pics:

Pic020.jpg[/img]

yes, it's hard to believe, but that's without an extra 100K, you should see under the valve cover :D

Pic022.jpg[/img]

Pic024.jpg

if your wondering where's the 4th plug wire-I went to autozone and had to settle for a set from a cavalier, and the short one doesn't reach!

Pic021.jpg

sorry about the FANTASTIC resolution-it's my phone-cam

I'll post more pics after this weekend, I got some tricks up my sleeve ;)

I have a 240Z 5 speed that's going in it prob. after winter. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! I think I'm gonna put a stereo in it this weekend and do some 'glass work so I'll keep everyone posted.

I dont know of a 5 speed offered in the 240z, possibly it came from a 280z or 280zx? peace.

welcome aboard:) nice truck. you have the rare valve cover and oil cap. hang on to them! i dont even have one of those valve covers.:( you got a steal of a deal. i noticed when i buy cheap wires from schucks the coil wire boot ends are the same size and the coil tower is wider than the dist tower. so the wire has the tendency to want to pop off the coil. yeah i'm a cheap ass.