Not Your Average 620

Alright so after searching for a 620 for a long time i finally found one

1973 datsun 620 runs and drives $500

I need to tune the carb and fix the brakes to drive it more than around the block... but anyways, being that I'm a desert racer this is my new project. My plans are:

-9" rear end 4:88 gears detroit locker

-backhalfed & linked (3 link)

-caged front to back

-custom long travel kit up front

-custom fiberglass fenders

-33" or 35" tires, whatever I can find a better deal on

-motor I am still undecided, was thinking either a sr20det or a 22r

Major progress wont start till my semester ends at UNLV but heres some pics as it stands now..

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

got a grill thanks to Tom (dat620), the grill is just sitting in there its not bolted in yet

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol thanks trust me i feel the same way. i cant even focus in school because i think about starting this

i was thinking of doing something different and using these rims instead of your typical offroad rims, but im not sure how strong they are and how well those hub cabs will stay on..off the road lol

http://www.uniquewheel.com/images/products/03.jpg

I have a stock spare wheel you can have to through in the back for a spare. :D

lol i need 15's so if you can magically make it into one from a 14 then sure haha.

i think we should set up a donation fund, we could have the first Ratsun sponsored 1450 truck!

ya i hope it turns out alright, the hard part is gonna be getting custom fenders, i might build them myself or give this guy a call

edit: scratch that ill be doin them myself the guy wants about 1000 per corner for custom fenders

• 3 weeks later...

well im making the glass myself and my buddy is building the kit, so if anything it would be for a 620... not sure where you are located but we could very well do something for a 521 if you brought it out

not sure on an exact price, it all depends on what options you want

for example

the spindles will be either a toyota 5 or 6 lug. upgrade to uniballs, or stay ball joint. customers prefrence.

subframe will be mandatory

cost of material, what shocks you would want will be a factor

thats just some of the basics..once its done and my fabricator gives the okay i can give out real prices

as far as travel numbers im hoping 16", how much wider per side is probably going to be 3-4 but we will see when i mock up the 9"