Not Your Average 620

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure, ill find out tomorow. if it is the vortech is it gonna be harder to find headers?

Same as what kama said. My brothers is the Vortec and we just ordered a set the other day. All outside dimensions should be the same. The difference in the engines is mostly top end.

here what our rebuild looks like. It started knocking one day, so we pulled it and got it bored, honed etc.

sj.jpg

0_0.jpg

lol if i buy this one im sure it will boost your confidence, its pretty dirty

checked it out today and this is what i know, its carb'd, has no water pump and some other frontal stuff. guy said it was rebuilt about 10 months ago by the previous owner before they pulled it he wants $50 for it

he also has a 3.8 that most if not all the stuff i need should bolt up to the 4.3.... it comes with a 250 trans, which i dont need because id rather run a th400. last full price we discussed for both motors and the trans was $300 not sure what i wanna do yet

the 3.8 is still in another car so i have a little more time to decide till he pulls it out, what do you guys think? should i just swap in the 3.8?

okay i need some help, i cannot for the life of me either pull the steering off the spindle, or the lower arm from the spindle.

i have unbolted everything, the lower arm ive basically flattened the little threaded cotter pin i cant pound it out idk wtf to do

lol if i buy this one im sure it will boost your confidence, its pretty dirty

checked it out today and this is what i know, its carb'd, has no water pump and some other frontal stuff. guy said it was rebuilt about 10 months ago by the previous owner before they pulled it he wants $50 for it

he also has a 3.8 that most if not all the stuff i need should bolt up to the 4.3.... it comes with a 250 trans, which i dont need because id rather run a th400. last full price we discussed for both motors and the trans was $300 not sure what i wanna do yet

the 3.8 is still in another car so i have a little more time to decide till he pulls it out, what do you guys think? should i just swap in the 3.8?

Ahhh well that's not bad at all for a little 4.3

Edelbrock makes a 400HP kit for the thing that replaces the whole top end. Pretty pricey though.

I'd go for the 4.3. You'll be really glad to have the extra HP in the end. Do you know the specs at all for the 3.8?

And as far as the steering goes, I'd love to help you but I have never gone that far in depth with steering :P

I forget the numbers exactly but check around for the parasitic loss of a th400... something like 75HP... You can build a th350 cheaper, have it damn near as strong, it wont suck near as much power, and its lighter too. If youre not too worried about money you could do a 700r4 and have an overdrive too, it would be *nice* for driving on the street too if youre going to be running deep gears.

ive seen that white 620 before, and im going to make my own fenders, those just look retarded though. i might however run fiberglass jeep comanche bedsides if i dont feel like making those

and as far as the tranny i am conserving as much money i can on this build. im in college and cant be throwin out tons of money haha. but i will look into the th350 if i stick to the 4.3 idea.

thanks for the input

i forgot to add...my buddy came and picked up the lower arm today...should have some updates coming

if your gonna go with the 4.3 look into a 700r4 not gms strogest trans but strong enough to take the abuse the 4.3 will throw at it plus an overdrive gear = higher speeds that and there pentiful

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You can build a 700r4 with all Kevlar bands and goodies. The 700r4 has a lower 1st gear than both the turbo 350 and th400. Also there more out there. The 400 case is becoming a relic and not many to be found. Plus if you drive on the highway it gives you the overdrive. If I remember right you can go to www.jegs.com and you can see the race/rock ready 700r4. Pretty naughty!!

• 4 weeks later...

well, no true updates. My friends havin a kid in a few days so him building the kit is kinda on hold..ish..haha doesnt mean im not collecting parts, i have my front coilovers now. and a basically the 4.3 and trans lined up, better condition than that $50 grease blob. i also will be using my old rims from my ranger, probably not the tires though, most likely gonna stay with a 33" tire otherwise ill have more cutting i need to do. Besides if i go 35" on the tires i might as well use the 6 lug 4x yota spindle.

ill keep you guys updated as best as possible

• 2 months later...