510 $ door

yoursurfer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to me not worth it. I know the cars are so called getting old but some of cars I have been seeing makes me think people are on drugs. wanting a lot for a old car and in crap condition. some cars I have been seeing people should give or pay people to get off their property.

Yeah, I'd say 4-500 max. It could easily cost $700 to have a body guy straighten out the roof. To compare, one of my buddies picked up a 56,000 original mile 510 for 1000 that ran and drove. It was perfect except for minor door dings. That was about two years ago. He recently sold it for 3000, but had an LZ22 in it, 5 speed, and some decent suspension.

id call that junk pesonally

its not junk. just like HRH said perfect cheap rally car. already has battle scars. swastikas with good tires are around $300. offer around $500. lots of people parting out 510's. a roof can be had for cheap. i say if you want it go for it. unless its a REAL rust bucket.

its not junk. just like HRH said perfect cheap rally car. already has battle scars. swastikas with good tires are around $300. offer around $500. lots of people parting out 510's. a roof can be had for cheap. i say if you want it go for it. unless its a REAL rust bucket.

So, where can you get a cheap roof?

This is a $500 dollar car at the most! Back in the day this would be about a $150 to $200 dollar car, if that! Z Wheels are great if you are into that sort of thing and are worth it if you like them, which I really don't, so to me that car is not worth that much!

I say pass.

I bought my 510 for $350 running (leaky, crappy original L, but it ran) with a munched rear quarter and munched lower control arm. I thought it was a pretty good deal. The roof on that isn't too bad for a skilled bodyman. And any monkey with a set of body hammers and a dolly could rough it out without much effort. It's pretty thin sheetmetal, just have to be careful when you work it.

The main thing is rust though. Check the car out well if you're considering it.

Jeez, that roof is an easy fix with a body hammer. You could have it pounded out in an afternoon. Is it worth $1000, being as it runs, it very well could be worth it. I don't think you guys have seen the values of what 510's are bringing these days. I recently sold one in similar shape for $1400, had multiple callers, and it sold in a day.

I'd lay odds that's because it was Phoenix. Car prices are always higher in Phoenix, I've never figured out why. The same hardbody pickup I bought for 5 grand down there only sold for 2600 only three years after I got it used. And it was still in pretty good condition. Things just aren't worth as much up north.

The other downside is non-desert areas have rust up the ying yang, although I don't know if Texas would, depending on if that car is near the coast, or came from an area like Coastal Oregon where it has a big time chance to rust.

It all goes back to that old saying, "It's worth exactly what you're willing to pay for it." :)

The way I look at it is this. If it needs a carb rebuild, I'd lay odds its an original motor car, probably with a four speed, and probably original everything else. That said, you're going to end up sinking way more money into rebuilding the drivetrain, brakes, etc. which means you should pay almost nothing for the car if you can get away with it because you're never going to get your money back out, even if it's a cherry 510.

if everything else is good and you could drive it away.........no rust being the roof the ONLY problem. i'd give it a worth it.

It does not drive will start and die, weber carb needs rebuilding I assume, it does have a nOS headliner in trunk, good glass, missing original air cleaner

• 3 weeks later...