What is this thing??

patd

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has a pendulum inside and a contact point on top. Maybe if the truck flips upside down the points close and it shuts off the engine electrics??

100_6680Medium.jpg

The cardboard was falling apart so I just removed some of it

100_6681Medium.jpg

ggzilla has it- it's the motion sensor from a car alarm.  A very OLD car alarm.  The pendulum swings when motion is detected and trips the alarm siren.

That was Greybeard who said that. That's what it looks like to me as well. Weird thing to find. :)

Well I just did some research and I think that this truck was used in W.W.II here in the States by a spy, He or she would drive around Military bases and get information and then pretend to breakdown, he or she would lift the hood and pretend to be fiddling with something. This device was used for sending radio signals by Morris code back to Toyko. The spy must have forgot to remove it after the wars end. :P

Well I just did some research and I think that this was truck was used in W.W.II here in the States by a spy, He or she would drive around Military bases and get information and then pretend to breakdown, he or she would lift the hood and pretend to be fiddling with something. This device was used for sending radio signals by Morris code back to Toyko. The spy must have forgot to remove it after the wars end. :P

MORRIS code?That cat doesn't have thumbs. :huh:

Like Greybeard said "motion detector".

It actually looks like an original Ungo Box motion sensor from the early 80's, They were state of the art back then. (there's probably only a handful of people on here that have ever even heard of Ungo box. :unsure:)

But I love this answer.

Well I just did some research and I think that this was truck was used in W.W.II here in the States by a spy, He or she would drive around Military bases and get information and then pretend to breakdown, he or she would lift the hood and pretend to be fiddling with something. This device was used for sending radio signals by Morris code back to Toyko. The spy must have forgot to remove it after the wars end. :P

I'm going to GUESS it's a motion detector. There is no reasoning behind that guess it's just a guess. Ohhh look what I found in my garage.

IMG_2444.jpg

Mine doesn't look anything like that.lol. Yours looks like it is made of metal? I remember that my moms truck had this same motion detector on it from the dealer. But I am pretty sure it was not connected. I know we never used it. Thanks for putting it here for us to see. :cool: