'89 240sx coupe (56k nono)

shane_lxi

I figured it'd be okay to post this here since it's a nissan. If I am wrong, go ahead and delete it mods :D.

Anywha, here's my latest 240sx project (the most recent of 9 I have owned the 3 years since being 17, lol). I used to hate the color, but it really grows on you. Now I wouldn't dare paint it any other color. It's mostly all stock right now. Only mods that are actually on the car are the 5spd swap, cusco full race coilovers, 5zigen 3" exhaust, and the 18" axis wheels. I bought the car from a local dealership that got it from an auction. Couldnt pass up the deal, $500, lol. It ran like shit, I think the head is pretty fucked. But luckily, I had 3 ka24e's sitting in my garage to choose from!! So I picked a random engine, and swapped the thing over. Smokes a little, but that's alright, it wont be in there long... because...

I also have this ka24de that I have been working on for a while :D. Came out of my 1st s13 when I wrecked it. Had originally 70k miles. I've had it in 3 of the s13's that I have owned before blowing the headgasket. It's been sitting since. So I decided to start stockpiling parts :D. Got some billet Arias low comp. pistons, some deatschwerks 550cc injectors, a walbro pump, T4 turbo, z32 maf, rewelded ebay manifold, greddy bov, tial wastegate, cometic headgasket, arp everything, etc. etc. Should be a pretty good power plant. I am expecting around 350hp and about 400flbs when it is all done. I bought a rb20 flywheel so I can run a 350z clutch. All I need now is the clutch and an intercooler, and some exhaust work to plumb into he v-band on the turbo. Then it should be all set to go. Here's some pics and some explainations on what was going on when they were taken, I'll update after these when I move forward with it :D.

Here was the engine, look at the mess of vacuum hoses on the back. Bye bye emissions, that shits all going!

DSC_0083.jpg

When I had it torn apart (dont worry, that's not anti-freeze in the cylinders, lol)

1.jpg

Got some parts together for my chassis (had a different car at the time, but I kept all this stuff when I sold it)

3.jpg

2.jpg

The pistons, Arias makes a great product btw.

5.jpg

Here's the engine as it sits now. Pretty much done, I am looking for some aftermarket cams, with no luck so far, so the stock ones will prolly be going in tomorrow or soon after. Cleaned up nice as hell!

katblock.jpg

katside.jpg

And my goodie cabinet :D. Cant wait for all this shit to go on :D.

kacabinet.jpg

Now for the chassis. Nothing special right now, but I really do love this car. It's not the cleanest or straightest 240 I've ever had, but I really like it for some reason, lol. I cant see myself ever getting rid of this one.

Here it was shortly after I got it (and put in the coilovers and some crappy mesh wheels) Yes, that is a 510 in the background. My brother lives next door to me and has 2 '69 dimes.

mynewcarcopy.jpg

After the exhaust and these sexy old school ARE's I got from my brother

mynewcar2.jpg

mycarohhhh.jpg

And some Enkei mesh I had for a while but sold (bought for $75, painted and sold for $400 :D )

bothfaces.jpg

Bought these wheels for it from work, 18x8 +20 and 18x9 +20, pretty nice light wheels, I think they are made in australia.

axis3.jpg

And here is how the car sits right now. I still dont know what I am going to do body wise. I know I am going to keep it this same color, but I am going to do fresh paint. I cant decide whether I want a full body kit, or just some low key sideskirts and a factory front lip. Well see. But here is is right now anyway...

fitment1.jpg

fitment2.jpg

fitment3.jpg

fitment4.jpg

Anyway, there it is, I'll update as it progresses, but I am in the middle of alot of projects, so dont expect it soon, lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I think what I am going to do it buy an origin 'stylish' kit, and run the factory front bumper with a factory lip (the pignose bumper is just too sexy to replace, especially with a lip :D) and run the sideskirts and rear bumper off the kit. Should be a clean, oe look, and will even out the size of the wheels. Because 18"s look HUGE on a factory s13, even with an insane drop!

Thanks :D. I am hopefully buying my gf a new car here pretty soon, which means I can sell her s13 (bringing the number of s13's I own down to 2 again, lol) and dump some more cash into this thing :D. She just cant decide what she wants. I want a q45 personally, but I think she wants a s14 :P.

• 4 months later...

Well, I've been neglecting my 521 recently :(. But fear not! I was for a good cause. I blew the hg on my single cam in my s13, and figured instead of putting more money into an engine that is just coming back out, I'd dip into savings and finish my ka24de-t :D. Ordered my clutch tonight, intercooler is coming on thursday (jrc custom demensions with a greddy core, used from a friend :D ). The intercooler was made for one of my friends, fits perfectly behind pignose bumper without need to remove the bumper support! Anyway, also got my cams and new timing chain, and a few little random things I was waiting to get money to buy :D. So this thing should be running soon. This weather just makes it so hard to get motivated :( .

Anyway, here's some teaser pics :D. (I really like that "jade" color that rustoleum makes btw, lol. Just check out my 521, and my l20 when it is done :P)

ka24det-done2.jpg

ka24det-done.jpg

Heres a little list of what is in the ka24 so far, I'll try not to leave anything out:

- Arias 8.7:1 low comp. pistons

- ARP Hardware

- Cometic Headgasket

- Stock rebuild kit and oe chain

- Used JWT cams

- OE RB20det flywheel

- XTD el cheapo 350z clutch

- E-Mance ecu tune (JWT hack)

- XSPower topmount manifold (cut apart and rewelded, with supports added)

- JRC custom fmic

- Greddy type rs bov

- tial knock off wastegate

- 3" 5zigen exhaust

- Deatschwerks 550cc injectors

- Walboro fuel pump

- RB20/R32 oe radiator

- Ford Taurus electric fan (lol)

Also, of course, had to replace belts and water pump, alt., etc. etc. I am sure I am forgetting something else too, but it'll prolly hit me later. Still need a bunch more little stuff that'll prolly add up too. Like, for example, getting a custom downpipe and dump pipe made, plug wires, oil, oil, oil, etc etc. It's the little stuff that get's you in the end!! Sucks to have to spend $300 on stuff you didnt think about adding into the budget!!

You can understand why it took me so long to get funding, lol. It's hard to fund a project like this as a 20 year old kid and new home owner who sells tires for a living, lol. But it's getting close to completion :D, so all this time/blood/sweat/tears/money will all pay off soon :D.