The 1969 510

Yep got it here Ok drove fine till yesterday when I heard an exhaust leak checked allday today and later on found a hole in the center manifold(exhaust) looks likes somebody tried to do some heavy porting. So I will be getting it welded up tomorrow! So now got me thinking on swapping the SR sooner now might do it January so the L20 turbo motor will be up for sale in the next few weeks will sell as a complete set motor and the dogleg 5-speed. Here are some pictures of them both

Edited by sycloned916
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All is good now it runs like a champ. After waiting a day to have the hole fixed its good to go. Next I'm looking for a SR20det still not sure on a S13 or a S14 motor,I read that the S14 is kinda different to wire than the S13?? We will see what I find. And the L20 motor will be getting pulled so as I find a good home for it.

So after an hour at DMV the 510 is a California car now! And today was the last time i drove it till I order the SR for it. Kait and Sean came by and picked up the motor and now the 510 sits in my garage waiting for the delivery of another turbo motor. Gonna clean up the engine bay alot and also re-carpet the inside,clean up some of the surface rust and spray it with some rust inhibiter stuff then sound deadend the inside and lay the carpet. Probably gonna order the SR this week!

Edited by sycloned916
So after an hour at DMV the 510 is a California car now! And today was the last time i drive it till I order the SR for it. Kait and Sean came by and picked up the motor and now the 510 sits in my garage waiting for the delivery of another turbo motor. Gonna clean up the engine bay alot and also re-carpet the inside,clean up some of the surface rust and spray it with some rust inhibiter stuff then sound deadend the inside and lay the carpet. Probably gonna order the SR this week!

You’re ordering a motor? Who do you plan to order the motor through?

Thanks

Joel

Fisch, don't worry! The motor is already in KA-Kait's car!! Just have to bolt in tranny xmember and driveshaft, put the exhaust on it, wire it up and bolt on the radiator and it'll be driving again! We're hoping by this time next week it'll be back on the road.

It IS a very cool turbo setup, and drives nice and solid!

Fisch, don't worry! The motor is already in KA-Kait's car!! Just have to bolt in tranny xmember and driveshaft, put the exhaust on it, wire it up and bolt on the radiator and it'll be driving again! We're hoping by this time next week it'll be back on the road.

Really glad to hear that! I knew it was in good hands with you guys. I am green with envy!

sweet! :D

Dude, I'm so stoked for you to get this car back on the road! Gonna be wicked fast... Any plans for upgrading the diff or anything? Phil liked the feel of the R180, but hated the viscous LSD... We we were going to do it again, I think he'd go for a R180 welded...