The 1969 510

It has a subie diff 3.55 gonna see how the SR likes it and if its driveable and not like the 520 and a good burn out truck. If not I will change it.

Today got the engine bay half way do spent allday wet sanding it,still have to drill out the horn mounts and flush the pass side were the battery was.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the engine bay semi ready firewall and inside have sound deadening spray,rest of the bay has epoxy spray till i finish the battery tray and remove the horn mounts. Then clean up the wiring and get rid of the brake master and get Wilwood tandom brake master and clutch master. Also flipped the crossmember and welded it back up,should have the engine bay finished this week and still waiting for the SR.

Got the engine bay semi ready firewall and inside have sound deadening spray,rest of the bay has epoxy spray till i finish the battery tray and remove the horn mounts. Then clean up the wiring and get rid of the brake master and get Wilwood tandom brake master and clutch master. Also flipped the crossmember and welded it back up,should have the engine bay finished this week and still waiting for the SR.

What sound deadening product did you use for the fire wall?

Thanks

Joel

So after waiting for my engine, I had to go pick it up at Saia's shipping yard,but its here and almost ready to go in. Yesterday pulled the a/c,P/S all the unwanted brackets,downpipe,hoses and any thing else i'm not gonna use. Taking a look at the wiring my harness has two plug,were my red top had three,Hum! Once i get new motor mounts I'll pull the ex manifold and turbo and drop it in and figure out what to do for the header. When to PnP with a buddy on here today and got a 240sx sending unit minus the pump for the tank. The engine bay is drying now layed some gloss black was going to do bronze but didn't like it. Also going to try to run a top mount IC from a sentra see if that works,if not I'll just run a FMIC.

Got that Beast in today,took me awhile doing it all alone,but its in. Now i just need the right engine mounts,i tried to use the smaller ones but no go,so I guess i have to go get the taller ones for it. Soon as the engine is bolted in I'll make the tranny mount and start looking into the manifold/turbo situation. But It's In. Pulled the tank found the two hidden bolt in the back,and going to drop the 240sx sending unit in get that already. And then start the wiring,got the 70amp breaker and now have to cut the hole for the harness and mount some relays/breaker and it will be getting closer to running! My homewoek is to read the pin outs for the 91-93 and the 96-98(I think these yrs) to find the fuel pump relay for the harness.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some options on the IC set-up, I don't mind running a A2A on the 510,but my buddy has me looking into a W2A using a 1in radiator in the front and a extra 5-8gal. Ice box in the trunk. Not to sure yet,I still have a ways to go before I pick but its up in the air still.

Motor and tranny are sitting in nice, I made my own tranny mount using some thick round bar and square tube,thing is solid. Filled the rest of the tranny tunnel up and layed down some Fatmat,now its ready for carpet. Summit will be here tomorrow with my fuel lines,muffler,fittings and exhaust/waste gate piping. Got the header on waiting on a turbo. BOV and wastegate got here the other day its a turbonetics evo wastegate and a turbo xs-rfl bov,should be loud. Cut the hole out of the tank for the 240sx sending unit,now just have to order a walbro. Its been cold/wet so I'm moving kinda slow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One on ebay it's 27x7x2.5in. fits good in the front and i still have room for a 3in. radiator and i was able to put the grill all back on with out really cutting too much.

Last week I picked up the same size intercooler from eBay too! thumbup1.gif

I wanna run the intercooler just like you any tips u can help me with. Your Turbo also looks very much like the one I got what type of turbo is it?

What did you have to cut??

Last week I picked up the same size intercooler from eBay too! thumbup1.gif

I wanna run the intercooler just like you any tips u can help me with. Your Turbo also looks very much like the one I got what type of turbo is it?

What did you have to cut??

I had to cut some of the radiator core by the headlight holes abit, I trimmed the front grill to clear the IC by the tanks. Was not to bad to fit it. Tubro is a turbonetics with a different compressor housing. Exhaust housting is a stage 3 port matched for the header should spool nice.