whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing special at all. L20b block, rock 85 mm pistons, U67 open chamber head, L16 intake/exhaust manifold, weber 32/36 carb, two inch exhaust through a no name muffler, and 3.90 rear gears. I put this motor together in july of 05, has around 50k on it now. I have never had a L motor last even half this long, and you have seen it beaten on too.

the trick is to rub salt on the pimple, it'll absorb it..

naw man you have to get some aspirin and crush it with a spoon..... get it a little wet and make it into a paste and rub that shit on all your zits... works like a charm..... can i ask what the insomniacs are? everyone always talks about it. are the threads still saved on here from the insomniacs?

its a pretty damn long story, but made short..

someone tryed hackin dwnshfters account so he made a thread askin how to found out whos been doin it or some shit.. well it turned into this big ol ordeal..

an well it was winter everyone was snowed in with nothin to do but hang out on ratsun..

well then skib took over the thread an viola insomniacs were born..

we would stay up till the wee hours of the night posting dumb shit an talkin about dumb shit..

some people hated it, many loved it!

is this the reason being a "dwnshifter" is a bad thing. you know like radios "title" is this some kinda inside joke on the forum?

Yes, inside joke, but its pretty darn public too. Spend an evening at the search function and read the Dwnshfter posts starting when he first joined.

He changed a lot during the time he has been on this forum, relaxed a lot since he joined. It's a good read too. Might even learn a bit about Datsuns, there was a little datto content.

hahaha good times!!

carlos? carbs?? im lookin on rockauto im thinkin maybe .40 over l18 pistons.. i didnt see em before but i wasnt lookin in the right section.. you can get a master rebuild kit for under $250 .. but i bet you gotta call em to make sure to get the over sized pistons..

hahaha good times!!

carlos? carbs?? im lookin on rockauto im thinkin maybe .40 over l18 pistons.. i didnt see em before but i wasnt lookin in the right section.. you can get a master rebuild kit for under $250 .. but i bet you gotta call em to make sure to get the over sized pistons..

Josh, what are they including in the master kit?

Engine Kit

Kit Contents

Part Number - Description

FGS6033 - Engine Kit Gasket Set

FPS602 - Expansion Plug

MB633 - Crankshaft Main Bearing

P633 - Pistons

PR633A - Piston Rings

RB602 - Connecting Rod Bearing

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1817564

im assuming the pistons will come with new wrist pins?

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
engine gasket kit

pistons w/ rings an wrist pins

freeze plugs

main and rod bearings

and i think some seals? prolly front an rear main..

Might try calling R.J. Templeton in portland..thats where my L20 parts came from. 503-232-3151 This is where most of there parts come from..http://www.rockprod.com/pistons/pistonsrings.html

I dont see them listing l20 pistons anymore though, but i do see L18 pistons listed but they are dished a bit.

Edited by yello620