For the Haterz

Smiley720

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Layed, I understand that. There were a few guys who thought I was comitting suicide by putting a reverse 4-link on my 720, I was just showing that some big name shops do the same thing sometimes. Like I said, it doesn't make it right or wrong but it does show that there is more than one way to skin a cat

I know it doesn't make it right, but if the Thorbecke's have it on their own trucks then I will trust it on mine.

reverse2.jpg

reverse.jpg

I'm not an expert on four links, but isn't the setup in the pictures pretty conventional? It has 2 lower links coming from the front, and a "Y" shaped link on top coming from the front. The arms on the bags have shackles that just transmit up down travel. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

That's actually not a reverse, it's a half and half (2 to the rear and basically 2 to the front). They work ok, the problem is, your pinion angle changes dramatically as you raise and lower it (not a good thing). The only real reason to do one, is if you don't want to relocate the fuel tank. 4 to the front is a better plan, but more work.

The setup on this truck is actually a 2 from rear and a y from the front. The bags are mounted behind the rearend

That setup is actually considered a 6-link. I think you just aren't seeing the 2 lower forward links. They run directly under the frame rails in front of the rearend. They are chrome so they are hard to see. The rear links that the airbags are on only serve the purpose of lifting the truck without controling the placement of the rearend. You can see shackles where the rear links meet the brackets on the rearend.

If you look closely in the second picture, I think there are actually 2 lower links coming from the front (they are chrome). I think the arms with the bags only provide lift.

Btw, I'm not knocking your project. It's up to you to decide what will work and what won't. Looks like you've already put quite a bit of work into it. Good luck.

There was a whole previous thread where KNOWLEDGEABLE people gave advice on the reverse 4 link so in return they are called haters and 6 links are posted as the basis that said reverse 4 link was good all along lol. Thats fail in a whole bunch of ways.

A 3 legged dog "functions", drunk people "function" the point was the set up doesn't function well/ideally

What is your definition of "KNOWLEDGEABLE"? Someone who had installed a store bought 4-link one time on one truck? Some guy in the sticks that bagged his truck, opened a shop and bagged his buddy's truck? I love how you people think your "knowledge" is all-knowing. Help is one thing, and I never discredited anyone for trying to help. Suggestions are o.k. and I never hated on anyone for having them. You are right, I missed the lower bars completely in the pic, so what?! Does that make you some genius on suspensions? NO. I never claimed to know everything or that my ideas were better than anyone else's. So before you call "fail", look in the mirror, Now you know what it looks like

Well he started it! :lol:

But seriously... you made it a point to make an entire thread, showing just how RIGHT you are, and it blew up in your face. Sorry smiley, thats just what happened. I don't care who is right or wrong, I just found it amusing that you went through the trouble to make a thread for "The Haterz". Your "proof" turned out to be a FAIL, deal with it. Bag your truck any damn way you please, thats not the issue, your "PROOF" is... be a man about it and accept that, "In this thread, you were wrong"

As for the other thread, lets keep that over there. :D

Geez, I didn't know about the other thread and had no idea what the haters part meant. I was trying to figure out what was going on when I was posting those responses.

As far as reverse 4-links, I'm not going to get into that because I told myself a while back that I was done trying to explain the reasoning and personal experiences I've had with them.