For the Haterz

Smiley720

I had to read this whole thread before I figured out that 'haterz' had nothing to do with a habberdashery or a hatter. I get it now, the A is a long vowel.

Guess I'm getting old.

Oh, and I like the shiny rear end link thingy. Eventually I might even understand what it does.

Do your truck your way, enjoy the spirit of the season and post pics (in a different thread) of your progress. :cool:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed someone mentioning this in the other thread, but here goes.

There are literally millions of rear mounted four links on the road today. They are the front suspensions of straight axle coil sprung trucks and suvs. 84'?-2001'? Jeep Cherokees 2 and 4wd, 95'? up Wranglers, 2001'? up Ford Super Duty, 94'? up Dodge 4x4s.

I am not sure about the exact model years , but I think you get the point. Granted every one of these trucks uses a panhard bar to locate the axle. That would be easy enough to build into the rear suspension, hell build it with a Watts link. The biggest problem with a rear mounted 4 link is the way a short link like on the Cherokees loses ride quality due to changes in ride height. If you build the links as long and as flat as possible, at normal ride height, there should be no problem in that area.

The OEMs have been building em' for years. I say go for it, even though I personally prefer a static drop.

Holy crap, someone with something factual to say, without condescending tone, or any smart ass remarks... is this still ratsun? (Yes I realize I used no facts and am being a bit of a smartass)

Good job Bob, I like you already. :thumbsup: Welcome to Ratsun, greatest forum online today. I can tell your older than 25... :lol: Sorry kids, yup, thats how it is.

Maybe I missed someone mentioning this in the other thread, but here goes.

There are literally millions of rear mounted four links on the road today. They are the front suspensions of straight axle coil sprung trucks and suvs. 84'?-2001'? Jeep Cherokees 2 and 4wd, 95'? up Wranglers, 2001'? up Ford Super Duty, 94'? up Dodge 4x4s.

I am not sure about the exact model years , but I think you get the point. Granted every one of these trucks uses a panhard bar to locate the axle. That would be easy enough to build into the rear suspension, hell build it with a Watts link. The biggest problem with a rear mounted 4 link is the way a short link like on the Cherokees loses ride quality due to changes in ride height. If you build the links as long and as flat as possible, at normal ride height, there should be no problem in that area.

The OEMs have been building em' for years. I say go for it, even though I personally prefer a static drop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy crap, someone with something factual to say, without condescending tone, or any smart ass remarks... is this still ratsun? (Yes I realize I used no facts and am being a bit of a smartass)

Good job Bob, I like you already. Welcome to Ratsun, greatest forum online today. I can tell your older than 25... Sorry kids, yup, thats how it is.

Does that mean I'm forgiven for the 510 limo???? :D:D

Obviously this guy is an ignorant douchebag! this is what we should expect from a wannabe kid who knows nothing other than what others tell him.. what a ....... lamb. i give up trying to help clowns like this... WHATEVER::

i HAD TO DO IT!!! nice truck man!!!

:D I knew someone would do it! :lol:

Hey Smiley...if you ever get down this way...Yale and Colorado..ish...you should look me up...the rims and tires are ready for you when you want them, I just wont be driving my 521 for a bit. Yeah...since the little truck gets all sideways on a rainy day, this snow and ice crap makes for a really bad trip :blink: trying to actually go anywhere with it...not to mention the lame-az heater..:lol:

Oh...and the "wait...you want me to go NOW???" wipers.:rolleyes:

The entire argument about 4 wheel drive vehicles coming with reverse four links is a good point, but it's not as you would think if you give it some thought.

Where does the power from the motor come from in these vehicles? It comes from the same direction that the link bars are facing. Making it a forward facing link system in reverse. So yeah, you could learn something from the 25 year old mini trucker that has his truck sitting out at his mom's house because he's to broke to work on it.

This thread isn't about what he is doing to his truck. This thread is him calling out those who attempted to give him advice (which I was one of them, and I thought that we had cleared everything up in the other thread) and then failing in the process. And after his remark about hydraulics, it assures me that he isn't that knowledgeable about suspension design.

But everyone has a point, it's his truck to do with what he pleases, right or wrong, but I'm sure I could find a least one person preaching this that hated on the chopped and sectioned 620. Hey Pot my name's Kettle, and you're black.

You are the one picking apart my post, that is all you choose to reply to, is one little sentence out of the three paragraphs I wrote? Do some research!

I'm a super easy going guy, and want nothing more than to see awesome and safe mini trucks laid flat out on the ground built the best way possible, and the way you are building yours isn

indeed sir, i think you should do hydrolics man, that would be so awesome, not to mention that video i posted is the only 620 i've ever seen that could do 3 wheel motion..

unless you can doit with bags???? i dont know shit about bags or hydro's (which is why i havent commented on those subjects lol..

My friend hasn't tried doing a 3 wheel like that but his 620 can do a standing 3 wheel. It can be done, you just need a proper 4-link. ;)

imagejpeg_0.jpg

P1040886.jpg

Those are good informative links man...lots to learn for sure!

Alright Smiley...I am stoked for you to borrow the rims...lmk when and where...I can maybbe even meet you someplace.

Like maybe Bart's shop?:D

BBQ and a brew...eh...eh?:cool:

ANytime you want to meet at Scrapin By Kustoms just let me know. The boys are there every weekend. I am always stuck alone in the garage at the house. It's at I-25 and Hwy66. You need to go see Ryan's frame for the Blazer anyway. And Troy's Body dropped 620 that isn't bagged. It's mean looking. I will bring the beer and Bar-B-Que, you bring a set of 17's

And it's still falling too...but on the up side...it is 4 degrees outside...so there you go man...freezing, snowing, makes me way thankful for the woodburning stove.:rolleyes:

Yeah...thats a pretty good deal...I bring four 17inch 2008 Yukon rims with nice tires mounted on them and you trade me for a Budlight and a Bratwurst.

:blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding man...I think that you will like the tuck...they are a very reasonable offset for the truck.

Yeah..see you soon.

The entire argument about 4 wheel drive vehicles coming with reverse four links is a good point, but it's not as you would think if you give it some thought.

Where does the power from the motor come from in these vehicles? It comes from the same direction that the link bars are facing. Making it a forward facing link system in reverse. So yeah, you could learn something from the 25 year old mini trucker that has his truck sitting out at his mom's house because he's to broke to work on it.

This thread isn't about what he is doing to his truck. This thread is him calling out those who attempted to give him advice (which I was one of them, and I thought that we had cleared everything up in the other thread) and then failing in the process. And after his remark about hydraulics, it assures me that he isn't that knowledgeable about suspension design.

But everyone has a point, it's his truck to do with what he pleases, right or wrong, but I'm sure I could find a least one person preaching this that hated on the chopped and sectioned 620. Hey Pot my name's Kettle, and you're black.

dude i dont know why you have it out for smiley but yall need to chill out all i se is you making these rude ass coments about him and everybody else that trys to give advice. i mean seriously the 25 year old kid didnt even say anything out of the way and you started talking shit about him so what if he has his truck at his moms house not everybody may have it good. now about the reverse 4 link smiley is running it is not a bad design and will work just as well as traditional 4 link. esp. with the way he has ball mounts upper an lower so when he puts his bag brakets on it wont change the pinion angle at all its identical to a traditional. and yes i know because i have had reverse links and when set up right they work just as good. so now we have said before if you dont like his truck leave him alone its his and hes gunna do what he wants to do regardless of how many times you tell him hes wrong. all your gunna do is piss him off and hell leave and there aint no since in that he seams like a pretty cool guy that evedentally has skills in building trucks. who knows maybe some day youll be broke down and the only person that stops to help will be him. all this argueing is the shit that pisses me off yall are acting like highschool girls. thats my rant. oh and by the way smiley nice as truck cant wait to see it done.

dude i dont know why you have it out for smiley but yall need to chill out all i se is you making these rude ass coments about him and everybody else that trys to give advice. i mean seriously the 25 year old kid didnt even say anything out of the way and you started talking shit about him so what if he has his truck at his moms house not everybody may have it good. now about the reverse 4 link smiley is running it is not a bad design and will work just as well as traditional 4 link. esp. with the way he has ball mounts upper an lower so when he puts his bag brakets on it wont change the pinion angle at all its identical to a traditional. and yes i know because i have had reverse links and when set up right they work just as good. so now we have said before if you dont like his truck leave him alone its his and hes gunna do what he wants to do regardless of how many times you tell him hes wrong. all your gunna do is piss him off and hell leave and there aint no since in that he seams like a pretty cool guy that evedentally has skills in building trucks. who knows maybe some day youll be broke down and the only person that stops to help will be him. all this argueing is the shit that pisses me off yall are acting like highschool girls. thats my rant. oh and by the way smiley nice as truck cant wait to see it done.

I was one click away from taking this to PMs, but since you called me out on this, I decided to post for all to see.

Did you even read my posts? Guess what? I'm the broke ass 25 year old minitrucker that I was referring too, that took 2 minutes to figure out why a 4wd reverse link wasn't the same situation. When have I talked shit? When have I bashed his truck? I haven't, I have stated that he should consider changing his set up while he is ahead, and even game him substantial evidence and advice from experienced suspension fabricators. Not just shooting from the hip here partner.

You've set up reverse 4 links, that great! Maybe one day you'll do some research and learn a little about suspension design, and set one up the correct way and learn the folly of your ways. Until then, you can keep pretending that you reverse link system is the same as a forward, you ever figured out were your instant center is on one of these set ups? Funny, a car length behind the truck doesn't seem right to me either.

And look who started the thread? He did. He called me out, I didn't call him out. He the one in the wrong here. All of my responses have been more than tactful until this one, which is directed at you, and not him.

If you want to call me out again, please do so over PM, there has been enough of this bull shit on these forums lately.

I was one click away from taking this to PMs, but since you called me out on this, I decided to post for all to see.

Did you even read my posts? Guess what? I'm the broke ass 25 year old minitrucker that I was referring too, that took 2 minutes to figure out why a 4wd reverse link wasn't the same situation. When have I talked shit? When have I bashed his truck? I haven't, I have stated that he should consider changing his set up while he is ahead, and even game him substantial evidence and advice from experienced suspension fabricators. Not just shooting from the hip here partner.

You've set up reverse 4 links, that great! Maybe one day you'll do some research and learn a little about suspension design, and set one up the correct way and learn the folly of your ways. Until then, you can keep pretending that you reverse link system is the same as a forward, you ever figured out were your instant center is on one of these set ups? Funny, a car length behind the truck doesn't seem right to me either.

And look who started the thread? He did. He called me out, I didn't call him out. He the one in the wrong here. All of my responses have been more than tactful until this one, which is directed at you, and not him.

If you want to call me out again, please do so over PM, there has been enough of this bull shit on these forums lately.

:fu:poor guy:fu:

no really kaoss i will apologize for misunderstanding the whole 25 yearold thing it just looked like you were talking about that gts guy but anyways im done argueing im just tired of coming on here to check out this guys work and all i keep seeing is yall argueing and maybe he is directing stuff towards you but who cares grow up and quit looking on here if you dont like it some of us would like to actually read about progress instead of having to read bs. but im not the only one that i have noticed that has said something to you about backing off. but like i said i will leave you alone you seem upset.