1uz-fe+1971 4dr 510=?

Jtek

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1uzfe.com.

This guy is putting it into a '72 Corolla. If it fits (w/ massaging) into that, it'll fit into a 510. I say go for it. Rumor has it, this motor like boooooost!

~Brian

mmmmmm now THATS the stuff.

Well I think I may be able to pull a fast 1 and say the ls400 has been there for almost 2 years and nobody has claimed the engine (over engineering I say!). Possibly pick it up with anything I need for it to run for around $400.

Decent enough to NOT pass it up!!

If you want a v8, it's gotta be nissan, or amuurickan

hahah reading that reminded me of that episode of south park where the people from the future come back and start taking all the jobs... except by about halfway through the episode they say "theytookarrrjaarrbbsss":lol:

Guy, imma SLAP you if you mention messing with old yellAr again as I've told you too many times to count ORIGINALITY. That one is out of the question.

The other 2 rollas run. Absolutely absurd to tear apart a running car for a possible incompletion. Besides, they're already fun.

Kinda hard to get dimentions when it's still fully installed. Hell, it'll prolly start.

I'm going with Toyota either way. I haven't seen very many nissan v8 engines at all and when I do, they're always $2000+ MY price.

Even then, working with kyle (meaning he works and I watch) on the KA was bad enough and over-the-line-creepy that I won't ever do any nissan engine, period.

Just the experiences with the last 2 blocks, unrelated problems or not, I've never had that with a 4ag and I doubt the 1uz will act a nissan.

Not that I expect drop in and go (id get an l20 if i wanted that), I dont want to run into technical issues that cant be solved by welding hahaha know what I mean?

Not much has changed from the 4ag to the present and that is my second reason for the 1uz.

I mean absolutely no offence, but those are my reasons for a toyota engine.

Hell, it prolly wont happen and we'll stick with the 16v cause I already have that.

I agree with lynch, lets just git er done!

as for kyle's KA and being an example of nissan engines being "bad" or even "pain in the ass" that thing i an oddball. Obviously he had oil troubles on the first one...Engines need it! and the second....we all knew that wasn't going to work :D HOPEFULLY he'll get it this time, we'll see.

I say stick with the 4age, just cuz it's there and ready. it'll be plenty of fun, and plenty of work!

It's got me interested. Any idea on the dimensions?

One small problem; The engine is 2" wider than a 510 engine bay, and about 2" longer than a 510 engine bay.

Isn't that all the "dimensions" you need? :P

Or are we talking truck swap?

And for the guys who mentioned Nissan V8, the Q45 engine is even bigger than the Toyota. :blink:

You don't know how many times I went back and forth between RB26....2JZ.....I ended up with the Nissan because I llike the revs and there aren't quite as many around. If you go to youtube and type Amuse Supra theres a video that shows what made up my mind finally. But no matter the Toyotas are great engines and the 1uz is super smooth.

what about the toyota 4 cam v6

You talkin about the 5VZ? If you're curious, Nelson over at Altered Motives in Tualatin is elbows deep into a 5VZ V6 swap into a mid-70's Celica right now. You should check it out. Its going to have a couple of secret weapons too. ;)

~Brian